Thursday, April 19, 2007

six weird things..............


This week..................oh who am I kidding...........this month has been a solemn downer when one looks out beyond our own front windows.........sad, absurd and depressing events, coupled with the crappy cold rainy/snowy/ice pelty weather is enough to get even the most optimistic person succumb to seasonal affective disorder. Everyone seems to be going about their business with such grey grim faces and such heaviness brought on by lack of energy that I thought it would it may be time to examine and to share some weird-like quirks ............ with of course the hopes that others would share of their own. Lets have a few humourous disclosure moments, shall we?

So, what are six of my weird quirky admissions?

1. I love a bargain, which is a good thing since I live not too far from a fabulous Frenchies outlet. This is a Maritime "chain" store FILLED with bargains galore.......most of the clothes come in bundles from somewhere south of the border and are sold off at the most cheaply ridiculous price. My best purchase this year was a wool duffle coat of navy blue and RED...........for 10 bucks. I could care less who wore it before me.........when I put it on last July in the middle of a heat wave........it fit like a glove and promptly brought it home. Frenchies is like walking into an potential treasure trove.

Yes the "bargain gene" was inherited by me from my Grandmother who could turn a tarnish piece of trash into a gleaming treasure.......

2. I talk to my dog, and she seems to get it.

3. I believe I have psychic powers, which of course come in handy with my moonlighting superhero role I assume once the sun settles into darkness. This is the real reason for my isomnia..........I have villians to track down and I have people who rely on me in their dire of need. It doesn't pay well, but it is truly life enhancing. Plus, the outfits are just too sexy...

4. I have a Pee Wee Herman marionette sitting on my water cooler in my kitchen (my prezzie to my husband on his 40th birthday), as well as a framed movie poster from Mr. Herman's first full length movie which adorns the wall above the steps going down to my basement....my 25th year birthday present from my lovely and talented husband who can dance to the song Tequilla reeeeeellllllllllllll swell.


5. One of my favourite things to do.........build a huge campfire on the beach in Spencer's Island, Nova Scotia and sing John Prine songs........joyfully!


6. I'm claustrophobic. Hotel rooms without clear access to the outside completely creep me out. I don't know where this came from...........I never used to be. I think it started when I was stuck in the hospital after giving birth.



How about you? Got any quirks? C'mon..........fess up.......


6 comments:

kenju said...

Who me? Quirks? Surely you jest!

I can't think of any. Maybe I'll ask mr. kenju. I am sure he can come up with a long list.....LOL

awareness said...

Hey Judy........I think stalking a bird's nest may count....perhaps? :)

kenju said...

Oh, yeah, I gorgot about that one....but....you guys asked for more photos, so I gave them to you. Does that count as quirky???

awareness said...

no.........that counts as being a perfect blog host!

Unknown said...

Oh, you should hear the conversations I have with my dog!

The Perrys said...

I've been on a hiatus from blogging due to Facebook. Today, I checked your blog for some much needed warmth. I need it in my cold work enviro. Thank you for talent to weave your words and thoughts.
My quirks: towels can only be folded in a certain way, I'm terrified of spiders, shoes can never be stacked on top of each other, and I don't like my food to touch. I have waaaaaay too many quirks. (I hear the food thing is a psychosis of sorts??!!)