Monday, April 16, 2007

shared prayers


A friend sent me this photo this morning. I loved it.
My caption?
Billy
Dear God:
Bless me and my family and my best friend Rover
I'm just wondering, God..............are there chicken nuggets in heaven?
OH, and please don't let my mom and dad find out that Rover chewed a hole in the rug.
Rover
Dear God:
Bless me and my family.
Bless you for making Billy's mom forget to put away the yummy baked cookies she made this afternoon. It was well worth the lecture I got from her after I scarfed them all down.
Thank you for creating squirrels for me to chase.
Thank you for frisbees, tennis balls and open garbage cans.
I'm hoping to go for a walk along the river tomorrow with Billy. Could you please let me find some good smelly stuff to roll in? I'm smiling just thinking about it.
Oh and please don't let my family find out Billy chewed a hole in the rug.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this photo too.
Your captions are hilarious and oh so appropriate.
I have a sleeping dog laying on my feet right now who just snuck and ate two whole cucumbers off the counter. I guess her prayers were answered!

awareness said...

Dogs do have personalities don't they?

Last Friday, my lovely golden poochie scarfed down 2 dozen choc chip cookies........I think cukes are probably healthier. :) She met us at the door with a guilty smile on her face and raced outside to sit hunched up knowing she was in big trouble.

That lasted for about 5 minutes and then like yours she was sitting on my husband's feet wagging her tail.

how can one stay mad?