Friday, April 13, 2007

just wanted to let you know..........


My beautiful daughter? An update on the speech she delivered as a class project....
Martha was chosen to represent her class to deliver her speech to the rest of the Grade 8 classes (7 of them). From there, she was chosen to deliver it again to the rest of the school (approx 600 students).
Martha finished 3rd in the school for her efforts. More importantly, many of her peers approached her after the speeches to tell her how her words made them feel and think. She was excited about both "outcomes......"
She has spent this month as a gardener planting seeds of wonder. Some will take root. Her own seeds have definately taken root.
We'll see where she leads........

We are very proud of her.



Here is a link to Martha's speech if you're interested in reading it.

6 comments:

kenju said...

Very good speech! Be proud, Mom, you have every right and reason to be.

St. Kevin & the Blackbird said...

Congratulations Martha! We thought you had a great speech and are honoured to see you grow.
- Robin

Canadian Sentinel said...

Well-done!

I remember my speeches in school... loved giving 'em!

Now I blog... 'cause liberals have no attention span for what I have to say... they're used to quick soundbites! Funny, that... I find that to talk to liberals, I must speak in quick soundbites, otherwise they'll turn away, distracted like toddlers! Really. With liberals, it's just one soundbite after another... little if any substance. My mind isn't conditioned to be so dumbed-down as are theirs, and I don't want to try to be like that!

Robert said...

yOU ROCK MARTHA!!!! great job one proud mom there dana!!!

Shaz said...

Excellent............A proud momma you deserve to be what a gifted young soul.

awareness said...

thanks all.......I will pass your comments onto to Martha.

Sentinel guy? Thank God you have your own soapbox. I think your head would implode if you didn't have your own outlet ....... :)
btw....I think the whole world has ADHD these days.....not just libs.