Thursday, July 05, 2007

zippiteee doooo dahhhh.........zippiteeee day....


Yesterday, I took two dudes to the abandoned waterslide park near my home. Well, it seemed abandoned since we shared it with only a few little people. These narly risk takers spent the whole afternoon racing one another..........well, they did take time out to race me a couple of times. I won. Not that i wanted to spoil their budding self-esteems.........it's a known fact that 46 year old mammas go much faster down a waterslide than skinny little 9 year old runts. I think Einstein calculated this law of gravity. Here are some pics..........




on your mark.....

prepare for landing


All systems are drenched


touchdown!!

Lots of smiles yesterday.........especially when they stood to watch me hit the pool. Fortunately there are no photos of me!! I'm convinced that there is not an elegant way to hit the water after hurdling down a water slide, though I'm happy to report that I didn't embarrass them with my flailing and yelps, and I discreetly waited to stuff myself back into my bathing suit when they weren't looking. As for the lifeguards......all 17 years old and looking like it? Well, I think they were laughing at my expense. Ah well! Glad I could be of some service.

Now that we've tackled Woolastook Park...............we're ready for Magic Mountain in Moncton and then off to Shining Waters in Cavendish!!! It's a waterslide kind of summer. Hey, I'm there.

10 comments:

Shaz said...

Looks Like a blast honey.
I must admit I still love waterslides. My kids arer just my excuse, lol.

Karen said...

I love waterslides. We went up to Queensland a few months back. We went to all the theme parks but by far my favourites were the two water parks. I went on absolutely everything and loved every exhilerating minute. Well someone had to go on with the bravest of my daughters. The other one was having nothing to do with it.

awareness said...

Shaz and gypsy....I love them too. I felt super self concious the other day because i was the only one over the age of 12 taking part. All the other parents were sitting off to the side. Weird!!

There is a water park near Quebec City (Valcartier) that supposedly has the largest water slides in North America. My daughter went camping there last year with friends and she still talks about the challenging twirly ones.....she's fearless when it comes to slides.....would love to take that one in.

Rainbow dreams said...

hey water slides - we must - will -
get out our blue plastic sheeting which acts as a slide down the garden again this summer - just waiting for the sun...
no life guards here...!

paris parfait said...

Such joy in these photographs! xo

awareness said...

Katie....slippity doo dah.....have fun.

Tara....yes....lots of joy in water ville yesterday. Good roars of laughter too. I love days like that.

Unknown said...

Before I read the last bit of this post I was thinking, "I wonder if that is Magic Mountain"?. I went there when I was 10ish and got sea sick in the wave pool!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the NB fun stuff!!!

awareness said...

Hey Tori.....magic mountain is in the cards for this summer. I was waiting for max to be ripe and ready for it!! We are planning a trip to PEI this summer too. Rainbow Valley? Do you remember that place? Always a trip back in time....LOVED the place especially the water and inner tube slides....well, it closed down but has been upgraded and replaced by "Shining Waters"......a fictious name Anne Shirley created. Cant wait! Though I think I need to find a more secure bathing suit.

David Edward said...

looks like fun, and VERY cool.
congrats on the Carmi caption this award

awareness said...

welcome David! i was thrilled to win the caption contest. Normally my captions are too off kilter :)