Tuesday, July 03, 2007

random bits.....

beauty from my garden

Kamsin tagged me a week ago asking me to identify 8 random facts about moi. Given that I seem to be an open stream of conciousness......yapping away on this blog ad nauseum, I was kind of stuck.......what can I share on a website that a) I havent already spewed about and b) that I'm comfortable sharing? So, believe it or not..........(canuckguy, I'm particularly thinking of you......) I was a little stumped. Actually, I think I was suffering from overthinkingitis, a dangerous ailment I strive to conquer today.


Let the randomness unravel.................


1. I'm a lefty. No, that doesn't mean politically. I'm a southpaw left handed person living in her right mind, trying to navigate a right handed world. Though I bat and golf right......almost everything I do is in a left handed way. One day, I will write a whole post on this, because believe it or not being left handed has impacted much of how I view the world AND the world is set up for right handedness.



2. I hate flying. Since the terrorism attacks, I hate flying even more. I think this fear has to do with being left handed, oh and not having any control over my destiny while sitting in an uncomfortable seat beside a snoring stranger who needs to bathe while some pilot whom I'm never met, or even seen takes me up into the clouds like this is a normal thing. Too much thinking........ what I try to do when confronted with flying (and this is a must when I have two kids in tow whom I don't want to freak out completely)........I sit back and fantasize my way through the take off and landings...... and no, you will not find out what it is I fantasize about.


3. I can makes the noise of a pig grunting with my throat...... kids love it. So do some grown-ups.



4. If a picture is askew on a wall, I have to fix it before my attention can return to where it should be. This also goes for something that doesn't seem to be in the proper place. I'm not a fussbudgety kind of person normally.......just when it comes to decor and balance. perhaps my left handedness comes with a feng shui option......don't know. I do know it is something I inherited from my mom and have passed the non-askew gene onto my daughter.



5. When I'm teaching, I love to be spontaneous. However, the way to do this AND stay on track is to have done the homework ahead of time. Lesson plans, objectives, outcomes....all the good teaching plans need to be completed. THEN I can head up in front of a group and let it unfold as it will........spontaneous, revealing, sharing, interactive learning.



6. I'm very intuitive. In fact, I know you're reading this right now. Scary, eh?


7. I truly believe in kindred spirits. They are few and far between, which is good because it makes them all the more special. There is a transcendent connectiveness not felt with others in our lives.....and a feeling that you can spill out your inner thoughts and feelings without hesitation. These human beings don't randomly enter your life, though sometimes it appears that way on the surface. Kindred spirits are gifts.



8. I'm on hiatus this week......... just me and Max and our imaginations. Not many plans, some good downtime to clear our heads. Today, we are going to pick strawberries which neither of us has done before. I'm going to teach him how to make jam. I predict he'll be bored out of his mind! I may have to bribe the kid with a trip to the water slide. Since I LOVE waterslides too, this won't be a drag.


oh..........i've thought of many more randoms bits, but will leave those for another day.



Enjoy your day.....and thank you Kamsin. I'm sorry it took me so long. I will leave it up to you to take this activity up if you would like.......or perhaps you could write about one random thing about you and see where it takes you in your own writing..........or not. :)





10 comments:

Shaz said...

This made me smile and would of guessed you were a lefty. Two of my girls are and I love that.
XXXX
Great answers Sweetness

kenju said...

Interesting answers. I used to be a freak about crooked pics on the wall. I have 2 cleaning ladies who make all of mine crooked every time they dust, so I had to get over being a freak about it. Sometimes I don't "right" them until 3-4 weeks have gone by. The older I get, the less it matters.

awareness said...

Hey Shaz....don't know whether most lefties feel this way, but it truly is a big part of who i am as it definately affects the way i look at the world and the way i approach it....clumsily.

Judy....well!! That's the ticket...I need to hire a cleaning lady and then relax about it. What's interesting is that I LOVE making messes especially when I'm creating something, and I tend to be a nester...papers and such all around me. But, for God's sake....please let me straighten the pics and rearrange the knicknacks so they look right (or is that left?)

Kamsin said...

Excellent random facts! Thoroughly enjoyed them. Am intrigued to know more about your being left handed. Thanks for playing along!

The Original Princess said...

I loved reading this!

awareness said...

Hey kamsin.....glad you enjoyed. Will have to conjure up a left handed post soon.....though most of what I write is a bit off :)

Princess Sarahdipity....OMG....I was going to write about my interest in a new dance craze taking over the nation, but will do that another time too!! Ah, so much to write, so little time

awareness said...

hey princess....you havent invited me to your site. i'm officially outed?

Karen said...

I loved your answers Dana. I have twins and one is left handed and one is right handed, spooky hey?

I particularly like random thought no. 7. Kindred spirits are very special indeed. Like two bodies, one soul.....

The Original Princess said...

I don't have an email address for you at home. Do you want me to send the invite to work? I'd never out you :)

awareness said...

you can send it to my blog email address....

awareness.ca@gmail.com

the link is on my profile

oh goody!! Don't want to miss out on your loralei perspectives.

ps. did i tell you that Martha went to a cast party for the movie that was being filmed in town and met Loralei's husband...rory's dad? He had the lead in the movie.

pps. oh, and how was your boss after i ripped up in his office the other day?? things happened veyr quickly after that :)