Tuesday, July 03, 2007

spreading the lurve............

snippet of my garden
care to sit with me to share a bottle of wine?

Hey bloggie friends.......!!
I have learned (finally) how to add links to my sidebar. If your blog isn't there yet, I will be adding more as the week slides by. In the meantime, please check out a new to you blog. We are an eclectic bunch, we are, we are.
When I was young, I had many penpals. I loved to write letters and I loved receiving them. It was nothing to write 10 letters a week to camp friends mostly and friends met through family travels. More days than not, I would arrive home from school to find a couple of letters sitting waiting for me. One in particular was a girl my age who lived in Hong Kong. She was a "foster child" of a friend of my parents. Chuk Ling and and I wrote to one another for several years....in fact all through high school. Then, we just went our separate ways off to University and we lost touch, as I did with most of my penpals. But we shared a great deal of our lives and dreams. I learned so much about her and her life on the other side of planet earth. I do wonder what ever happened to her.
Years went by when I would only keep in touch with people through Christmas cards. Writing basically dried up. It wasn't part of my daily routine, though I missed the letters.
What I have found about blogging and the internet.....about emails and such is that I have found the world of penpals again. It feels the same when I log in and find a comment left on a piece that I've written. It feels great to read something one of you has written which resonates with me......makes me laugh, or stretches my thinking, or makes me want to reach out and touch you. It's the whole penpal thing. It makes me feel like a kid!
Now that I have the link thing figured out............it seems all the more reinforced. Here's to you.........and here's to great ideas, terrific photos and creative sharing.
ps. if and when you do visit a new to you blogsite, please tell them Muskie sent you. :)

6 comments:

kenju said...

I don't see any links in the sidebar except your profile and pervious posts - no blogroll at all.

Shaz said...

I do,I do and I see me thankyou.
I feel priveleged.
I still cant do it LOL
Its not that I dont loves yas Im just not that good on computers. You are so clever Im going to cheat and get Deb to do it :)
I do love this also it fills my heart with joy to know your all so close.

Karen said...

I see me too, thanks Dana. I used to love writing letters and it still gives me a thrill today if I receive one in the post. Its a bit of a rarety in this day and age of technology though.

I've been meaning to tell you btw that I absolutely love all your photos on your blog. If you don't get your writing published, I would try and get your photos in a book. They are gorgeous.

awareness said...

Hi Judy....try again. Maybe it was just a bloggie glitch.

Shaz...you make me laugh. I too am useless on the computer. My husband helped me :) Once he showed me where it was on the template, it was easy to cut and paste.

gypsy....thank you! I love my digital camera and was a hold out for years. Previously I had won a couple of local photo contests with shots I had taken with my 35 mm camera. I found though that I would take a whole mess of photos just to get one shot I was pleased with. Now...I know right away... It's great. There are a few bells and whistles on it (and on my new laptop software) which I have no clue how to use yet, but I have a few friends who have given me quick lessons on different options etc ..... and then I go out and practise. I have yet to print any of them off, but would like to try that soon.

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks for the link Dana - what a long list!! :)
Just curious...what is the story behind the name Muskie? I feel you have blogged it before but can't remember...

awareness said...

Hi Katie. The long list...most of it is this province's blogroll. I added the list as one link really in the attempt to get my own site included. I read only a few of them....mostly political blogs

Muskie is my camp name when i was a counsellor. It is derived from a cartoon I used to watch with my father called "Deputy Dawg"....Muskie was Deputy Dawg's deputy.....so my Dad called me this when i was little. When I had to come up with a camp name to be used instead of my own, my Dad suggested I use Muskie. So, for six summers kids and other camp counsellors called me this instead of Dana.