Saturday, December 16, 2006

my town


I love this photo of my downtown. Click on it to enlarge the photo. It's actually two photos merged together to form the vista. I saw the pic yesterday when I had a quick visit with fellow blogger, colleague and friend, Mr Mad Mac. Thanks Scott.

Christchurch Cathedral to the left........the bronze tower of the provinicial legislature in the middle. It has just recently restored. At 3pm on sunny days, the gleam from the sun touching the tower and bouncing off is spectacular. I make a point of checking it out whenever I can.

See the white square roof structure with the ribbon of colours on it? My office is right beside it, hidden behind that clump of trees...................I'm waving at you.

The scenery changes seasonally, but the reflection remains.......it's too wet and mucky for me to go sit by the river to soak through my own much needed personal reflections. I'm going to have to gaze at it from a distance this weekend.....a good long walk along the walking trail close by the water, a drive out to Keswick Ridge tonight, upriver from this particular site, to enjoy dinner with friends and their view of the river and some quiet family time in our living room where I can comfortably snuggle under a blanket on the couch with a book........to figure some stuff out.

And the river runs through...........cleansing away trivialities........revealing "beautiful imperfections"....... speaking volumes about the strength in recognizing one's own vulnerabilities.

Thank you Pip.




3 comments:

JP (mom) said...

I love the metaphor of the river, Dana. Beautiful picture, you live in a lovely place. Much peace, JP

Sunny said...

I love the view of our downtown...hey look...I am waving at you as well, out the window and across the street.

awareness said...

I see you, you crazy cat!!!