Saturday, December 30, 2006

late night soft shoe.......




This came to me while making dinner tonight. Anyone care to put pick up a guitar and put music to my words???

Dance when you care to

Ask me to join you

Teach me your song
Swirl me along

I will step with you


Cry if you need to

I will shelter you

Shed learning tears

Without any fears

I'll shed a few too


Drive when you feel to

All night long through

Take the long way

Til dawn shows her way

I will be there too.


Pray when it moves you
Turn around your blues

Let God declare
He meaningfully cares
His deeply loves you


Love when you crave to

I'm there to receive you

Shared song in our hearts

We'll never part

I'm here to embrace you.


Shout when you fear to

Rage out your heart blues

Don't hold it in

I know where you've been
You've nothing to lose.

Dance when you care to
Ask me to join you

Teach me your song

We'll dance all night long

Sharing a soft shoe.


I feel like a slow dance................................


2 comments:

Robert said...

WOW!!! I wish i knew how to play guitar and compose music dana.... your lyrics for some reason made me think simon/garfunkel meet everlast lol a whole lot of other musical influences there as well tip of the hat to you ala ole blue eyes

awareness said...

Why thank you Robert. I have the tune in my head, but I'm not able to write music. I hear the lyrics sung by a woman playing a guitar....unplugged like.

Sometimes its a good thing to be cooking dinner with a glass of wine nearby :)