Friday, October 10, 2008

Gracie.



I have a new buddy sitting with me this morning as I write. She's curled up around my back on the couch having puppy dreams after waking at 4 am alone in her new crate anxious and LOUD. Her name is Gracie. She's a yellow labrador/golden retriever mix just like our other dog. She came home with us two nights ago after we learned that she needed a home. Every one of her limbs is touching me...her head tucked into my side.....in need of reassurance.

Gracie is only 7 weeks old, and was taken from her mom too early at 6 weeks. During that week, she was well loved and obviously well fed, the little chubbo, but her new owners have a son who turned out to be allergic to her. So, she had joined this family..........one who is used to shedding dogs and one who had been looking for a while for just the right fit.




As much as we had been keeping our eye out for a puppy, however, it happened so quickly and it happened at a time of year when we are moving into the cold weather as opposed to out of it, which makes it more difficult for training etc. Like most things in life, finding the right timing rarely occurs. If I've learned anything about becoming a parent and being a parent is that timing is a lost concept. Sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet and go with the ride.
Welcome to our family Gracie. Take your lessons from Lily. She knows how to stay on the good side of the humans.

I must be out of my mind.............



or not........... isn't she adorable? But, man she's got big paws!!

7 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

...............beautiful!

Bar L. said...

I fell instantly in love! She's precious. All the little details will work out. Your family now has even more love!!!

kenju said...

She's gorgeous. She looks just like a dog my son used to have; a white shephard/lab mix, who was the best dog ever (except for killer breath).

awareness said...

she is precious, and already her little feisty personality is shining through.

much2ponder said...

I am so glad I found your site again. Took me a while. What a beautiful little puppy. I have a male chocolate lab and so wish I could bring home a companion for him, but the hubby says, "NO". I will enjoy the one I have for now.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

The pic of the two dogs is just adorable! :-)

Karen said...

What a delicious little thing Gracie is. Let's hope she brings much joy, love, grace and fun into your lives. Something tells me she will :)