Wednesday, June 27, 2007

lessons from the garden.

From afar they emanate perfection in their beauty.
Symmetrically painted swashes of colour
blending together as relatives do
an emboldened array of blurried strength
Separately they begin to reveal their uniqueness
Stoically flirting,
petals billowing outward like a twirling dancer
Enticing the voyeur with its breezy sashay
Standing out, sharing it's little nicks and tatters of life
beauty and imperfection intertwine
when we stand alone
confident in what we are really made of.



we grow to accept our beautiful imperfections as we dance

to our own tune

transformatively unique
displaying our multi-layered hues,
acceptance of
tiny rips and tears,
nipped bug bites
marked rain splotches
drooped peakedness
acceptance
strengthened by its roots
supported by others,
younger and older
unconditionally.




ps. Shaz......the peonies are for you.....from my garden. they are doing the happy dance for you and your wonderful news......

6 comments:

kenju said...

"we grow to accept our imperfections as we dance

to our own tune"


How true!!

JP (mom) said...

I'm happy-dancin' for Shaz too!! Wonderful post and thoughts about the beauty and imperfections (or the beautiful imperfections!) that make us all unique, learning beings. xx, deb

Shaz said...

OMG that is so amazing I clicked to read your post and spotted these pics and instantly felt joy. As I was reading I was thinking how beautiful they were and then I seen they were for me.
I am blessed and feel all warm and fuzzy.
Thankyou sweet I am grateful you have definately made my day.

Love and Hugs and a happy dance for this post and my peonies.
XXXX

awareness said...

judy.....glad you liked that line. i was thinking about the freedom of dancing openly without a care....our own tune allows us that freedom doesn't it?

Deb...thank you....how boring it would be if we were simply made the same.

Shaz.....yes they are yours. i'm glad you ejoyed them.

paris parfait said...

What a beautiful post full of truths - acceptance of the multi-layered hues - yes!

Bar L. said...

Lovely