Friday, May 04, 2007

fly me to the moon........

tulip dressed for dancing



That's life (that's life), that's what all the people say
You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life (that's life), and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race
(D.K. Gordon, K Thompson) smoothly and with heart sung by Frank Sinatra
Can't you just hear him belting it out??


It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, music can transport, uplift, commiserate and celebrate. Songs, whether it's the message in the lyrics, the sensual beat of the melody or both has the ability to move you to a new locale with a tap of the foot or a snap of the fingers, and wish your were on the dance floor with a partner who can make your temperature soar.

Yesterday, it was Sinatra who joined me during my travels and who made me stop and wonder about this magic of music and how it can send rivulets right through your body. My goodness, the man could sing a sexified song. Not, in your face seduction........more innuendo........though not subtle either. Sinatra's songs, especially during the Capital Record years oooooozzze with sassy sensuality, with alluring appeal. The man could set a mood for ember setting lovemaking like no other.

No wonder I got lost driving yesterday. I was in fantasy land........swinging on a star, taking a boat to Miami, with the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow, up there where the air is rarified.........singing along dreamily.....searching for a rainbow.

Slow dancing nice and easy................does it everytime.

"Let’s take it nice and easy
It’s gonna be so easy
For us to fall in love

Hey baby what’s your hurry
Relax and don’t you worry
We’re gonna fall in love

We’re on the road to romance - that’s safe to say
But let’s make all the stops along the way

The problem now of course is
To simply hold your horses
To rush would be a crime
’cause nice and easy does it every time"


yes it does......everytime



5 comments:

Prerona said...

wow! what flower is that? its really pretty!

Anna said...

That flower image is wonderful!

awareness said...

Thanks. It is a double tulip with fancy edges. My mother had a vase full of them sitting on her kitchen counter. I took the shot when I was visiting on day.

Shaz said...

Thats so funny I remember wondering what you were listening to on your travels getting lost. I think its perfect old blue eyes led you astray. (((((Hugs))))))

Rainbow dreams said...

Sinatra takes me back... magical memories.....:)

There really is music for all occassions - I can hardly believe I lived for so many years of my childhood without it...!

It's good to spend time in fantasy land now and again... and sometimes it's good to get lost and discover new territory too, have a great weekend, Katie