Wednesday, March 28, 2007

thinking and sharing.........


"......when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing, which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it."
Winnie the Pooh





I couldn't have stated it any better, Pooh. Though I do find that if I can just harness the thingish thing I'm thinking about, and put it into words it can take on a whole new thingish meaning.

Writing is like that.....do you find? You start off with one idea that you may have read, or you may have discussed with someone and that one concept can lead you down a path that may have been covered with brambles. You hadn't noticed it before. Writing can be a perambulating adventure in learning......about self, about the people in your life, about your community........about the world we live in. Putting words to ambly thoughts allow one to step away from the honey jar long enough to look around with different eyes.

And sometimes..........my own learning through my thingish thoughts have reached out to be interpreted by others who read them. AND.......that to me is one of the best reasons to write.

Yesterday, Tara at Paris Parfait, honoured my blog as one that makes her think thingish things, by linking me to her and to the many others who read her site for insight on current events, life in Paris and beyond. Thank you Tara. My feelings are reciprocal. I love visiting your site to learn cognitively, visually, and sometimes even aromatically.......I highly recommend a visit to Tara's site as well.




As part of the process, started through a site called, The Thinking Blog, it is now my pleasure to recommend five other sites to you and to award them the "Thinking Blogger Award"

TA DA!!!! Drumroll pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze..........


There is an emerald jewel who lives and works and shines in London, UK named Pip Wilson. I visit with him daily for affirmation and contemplation...........for music and visuals......for his inspiration. Pip is a facilitator, motivator, coach, and lover of life. His blog reflects his genuine belief in the beauty of connecting and interacting with human beings. His words resonate with me and in fact when I was facilitating a workshop myself a couple of weeks back, I found myself uttering the very same words I had read on Pip's blog......and realized how much of a profound influence his messages have had on me. He's a beautiful man who makes me think and feel and do and want and strive........ and one day we will meet to share a sip of Cointreau, right Pip?

Carmi Levy lives in London as well, but London Ontario. He is a wonderfully talented journalist and photographer who inspires me with his photos of life around him, and of his thoughts which project out from his shared photos. His blog, Written Inc, is a collection of his thingish thoughts and his thingish shots. He inspires me to see the world through different lens and to try to capture them with my own camera. Many days I walk away from Carmi's site with motivation and new learning.....and a smile.

I have a friend who has a 25 Year Plan and is sharing it with the blogworld. Mike Althouse returned to University in Sacramento as a grown up guy and is just about to graduate from journalism. His lived life, his thoughtful words, his take on the world around him, his ideas around the process of writing always resonate with me. He is putting his life's lessons to very good use. Mike and I met through serendipity, a true flap of a butterfly wing. And now, I flap my wing again and send him to you. Enjoy!!

There is a Harbour in Guernsey I visit regularly to drink from a spiritual cup, which in turn has offered new (to me) and interesting reflective directions. Paul Chambers is a beautiful writer whose words always touch a chord. So often over the winter, I have read a post he has written that is attached to a poem or a quote at Harbour of Ourselves and have walked away with a banquet of thought food. He is a gift I would like to share with you.

Tori lives just south of me in Portland Maine. She writes from her heart........creatively, openly and with a dash of hopeful humour. We just found one another through the Sunday Scribblings blog........and I'm loving how she writes!! Her blog is entitled.....When I Finally Decided To Get to It...... and she surely is. I look forward to reading more about Tori's journey and life and I hope you will too.


So, there you go!! There are several others who fill me with new thingish things to ponder, that's for sure. I wish I could comment on them all......!! And, I PROMISE I will take the time to set up the links on my sidebar someday soon..........in the meantime.......thank you again Tara.

Let me end with this delicious quote............from a brilliant author, who most likely played a key role in all of our love of reading and writing.....most importantly, taught us how to relish absurdist thingish things.

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! " Dr. Seuss.



10 comments:

kenju said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh quote!!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I am entirely thrilled that you enjoy my writing so much. I thrive off my these connections that we create through writing.
Thank you for making my day and inspiring me to write!

paris parfait said...

Dana, thank you for the kudos - right back at 'cha! I am constantly inspired and provoked/driven to action by your words. And thanks for all the delicious links. I shall investigate, with delight (tomorrow - it's nearly 1 a.m. and I have a dentist's appt. in the a.m.)! xo

Michael K. Althouse said...

Thank you so very much. I have already spread the joy as my award recipients have been identified and notified. You know... I hadn't planned on writing today!

Mike

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

at last back on line - problems with wi-fi for last few days!

Well it seems i am in very good company and i am flattered that my rambles and rants

so many times i think i won't bother blogging anymore then someone says something kind or someone has been helped....so I will journey on....in good company!

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

not very awakw, sorry! that should read...'flattered that my rambles and rants are treasured by you'

DOH!

awareness said...

Hi Judy... me too! It was the first quote that came to mind when I read about the award. :)

Tori.......I too thrive off the writing connections.......and in fact look at blogging as an expansive creative writing class with a great bunch of supportive people....WRITE AWAY!

Tara....enjoy the reading. It will be much more fun than going to the dentist!

Mike.....Glad I could serve you up a reason to put fingers to keyboard.

Paul.... your rambles and rants are always treasured. glad to see you're back online.

Anna said...

These are some great blogs! Some I am already avid readers, others will get added to that list I am sure!

Through Mike, I got the award and I am thrilled! :)

Take care.

awareness said...

Hi Anna.......I'm thrilled for you too. I love your blog.....and I LOVE watching your photographic talent blossom and take you to new adventures.

I think you could easily put a tourist book together of London spots....as seen through your eyes, it would be very unique. The fact that you've just moved there recently and are exploring it all......and seeing exciting angles and beauty........a book of your photos is what the tourism board needs. :)

JP (mom) said...

I would have listed you had Tara not beat me to the punch!! It's an honour you truly deserve, my dear. I agree, writing is a process of journeying, connecting dots and finding your way through the thoughts and connections. xx, JP