Monday, March 12, 2007

fancy dancing tulip, march 2007




The best remedy for those who are afraid,
lonely or unhappy is to go outside,

somewhere where they can be quiet,
alone with the heavens, nature and God.
Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.
Anne Frank


Riverstreams flowed throughout the city today as the sun showed once again that it cared. Close enough to bring warmth; close enough to begin to thaw the mounds of snow.

Spring is coming.

You can hear it in people's voices, see it on their faces, feel it in the air around them. No more hunkering down under layers of woolen wraps. Time to walk upright again. Time to re-introduce ourselves to the bounce in our steps. Time to take time.........outside in the fresh air.

Who cares if the walkways are slushy? Who cares if the streets are covered in salty remnants? Who cares if the landscape still looks barren? The riverstreams are carrying it all away..........

The anticipation of spring........brought to us by a beautiful day of sun and warmth reminds us that all is as it should be.


The tulips are just around the corner,
located on a street named Hope.


9 comments:

kenju said...

I LOVE you last 2 lines!!

JP (mom) said...

Wonderful affirming quote and lovely anticipation of spring. Much peace & love, JP

Disillusioned said...

Love this quote. Thank you.

awareness said...

thanks ladies! That quote simply blows me away when I think of Anne and how trapped she was for two years indoors with only one tree outside her window to keep her company.

Our freedom to take in the outdoors, to explore for ourselves nature's healthy nurturing is something we often take for granted.... :)

Judy.......glad you like the last two lines.....it "sprung" from me out of nowhere. I love it when that happens!!

have a beautiful day.

Perplexio said...

I love spring. Love love love it. There's a newness, a freshness in the air. I know a lot of people prefer autumn with the leaves on the trees and all that, but I prefer the newness of spring to the bright pretty colors of fall.

Sunny said...

I found 6 tulips popping out of my garden this weekend!!!! Woohoo!!

There was also a girl walking down the street in shorts this morning. I know it is getting close to spring but she skipped spring and went right to summer.

My mom's birthday is this month and she gave me tulips for her birthday.

Bar L. said...

Lovely.

Someday, at least for a year, I'd like to live somewhere that has seasons. Sure, we have "great weather" but its so boring year after year.

I do love Spring - its my favorite, its just hard to distinguish it from summer, which is hard to distinguish from fall - etc. etc.

Bless you today sweet friend!

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

would like to buy me a house on that street.....

awareness said...

perplex....i too love spring, but autumn takes the prize for me.....the colours and the fresh cool air as well as the light after a hazy summer grab me.

sunny......where do you live??? I have 2 feet of snow covering my garden still. your mom is working magic for you. I think that's wonderful.

layla....you know, I don't think i could live permanently where I didn't experience the four seasons. Winter does get tiresome, but the anticipation of the change of season energizes me. one day, you'll have to come visit during the peak of the autumn colours. It'll blow your mind!!

paul.....let me know when you've purchased it, and I will bring over the wine. As a local Minister says in his grace....."red wine to gladden our hearts."