Friday, January 09, 2009

some facts.....



Gypsy, who runs a lovely blogspace named Romany Angel recently posted a meme and offered it up to others. I've had a couple of glasses of wine ce soir, so decided to take her up on her open offer. Why the hell not? Its not like I've been a closed closet, but maybe I can drum up a few truthful tidbits to throw out into the space we call cyber.

10. If I had some extra money, I'd arrange to have the fat sucked out of my thighs. If I was a rugby player, they'd be acceptable. But, I'm not and they are NOT. I'd also arrange to have my breasts perk-i-fied again too. As for the wrinkles growing around my green eyes, i earned every one of them. They can stay. For now, I will continue to live with the thighs and wear my cleavage with pride. I guess.


9. I would love to be more mechanically able. I hate relying on someone else to fix my computer, or unplug my drainpipe......two things I recently tried my best to do. Instead, I had to call Mr. Geek to cure the virus and Mr. Rooter to shove his snake down my drain pipe. Neither had a bedside manner despite my best flirtatious attempts.

8. I used to love to read trashy magazines....LOVED it. Now? They repulse me. I don't know what happened. I'm glad I got over my obsession, but I have no idea why all of a sudden I have absolutely no interest in the trash splashed on the front pages of People Magazine.


7. My biggest fear in the whole wide world is drowning. My second biggest fear? Getting caught in an elevator with someone who can truly read my mind. It's in the gutter.

6. I have an insatiable desire to become famous and still believe one day I will be. I just hope its not for dying from choking on something large, or falling in front of a bunch of crazed lemmings.....you know those end of the year stories? I cringe at the thought. No, I want to be famous for something that makes people smile and think good thoughts, not double over in gaffawing laughter.


5. I would love to have my own TV talk show and kick Oprah's ass in the ratings. My first guest would be Billy Joel. I'd invite him to Thanksgiving dinner and I would ask him to sing Summer Highland Falls, my favourite B.J. song. Paul? You're invited too. I'll make sure Bruce attends as well.


4. I've always wanted to run for office. Politics courses through my blood. However, I've recently realized that I've probably blown it completely by blogging. Too many warts and opinions shared to be considered a candidate. Ah well, there are always beauty pageants to fall back on. Now, where's my fucking sash?

3. A friend recently told me that he didn't want to be in my life right now because of all the drama spinning around me. The more i think about it, the more I realize that perhaps I'm addicted to drama. Though much of it has been generated beyond my control, I seem to add to it. Some of it is good stuff, but a lot of it is fodder for a script out of Desperate Housewives. I don't know how or why this is so, but I see it and don't have a clue how to stop it, except by channelling it into erotica. Yes, maybe I need to assume a new name and begin writing steamy sex scenes. 2. If I could define romance........? Tenderness. I am intrigued by tantricity. Is there such a word? And if so, is it romantic? Maybe I should write about it. hmmmm.......perhaps this is my next career?


1. I'm psychic. Only a few people know my gifts. I just can't remember who they are.

Onto the next glass of wine?..........cue the music please....this lady's gotta dance.



14 comments:

Nikita said...

beautiful darling! i wouldn't change a thing about you... but a million about me :)
loved this post, want to do one myself!
pass us a glass, i'm pulling up a chair...

much2ponder said...

Thanks for sharing...made me laugh and smile the whole while I read this. You are just you and that's a wonderful thing.

kenju said...

I'm smiling too. I loved #1 and the word "tantricity"!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Dana, I just don't know where to start. What I will say to begin with is I wish I'd had a couple of glasses of wine when I did mine because I bet it would have been a whole lot more interesting *hic*. It's fantastic that you did this. I love ya girl.


I had to smile at the trashy mags. Me too...I used to read them cover to cover and what I didn't know about Hollywood wasn't worth knowing. Now? Pffft...if I buy a mag it's because I like doing the puzzles. I have a theory about why we both have suddenly gone off this questionable pastime. I think it's because now we are addicted to reading about real people's lives on the blogs and realise how frivolous and unreal the celebrity lifestyle is. What do you think? Do you reckon I'm on to something?


I bet you'd make a kick ass talk show host too. People would be spilling their secrets all over the damn place before they even knew what hit them.


Wasn't this fun?

awareness said...

Niki....now let me quote my fav singer from his most infamous lounge lizard ditty...."dont go changin' to try to please me...don't change the colour of your hair...I love you just the way you are..."
Seriously? Are you kidding? You rock Niki! I want to see your list too.
ps....btw....i posted that photo of me even though i think it's crap because you posted a photo of you. this one is over a year old and I need to rectify that, but i so hate to have my pic taken.

m2p....why thank you. :)

judy...I think the first time I completed one of these was after i read one you did. :)
Tantricity....almost sounds like one of the names on your list. !

Gypsy...I'm glad it made you laugh. yes, the wine certainly let the idiotic thoughts flow out of me....a bit freeing of the mind. It was a good thing to do after a long (albeit productive) day of staying focused.
The mags? I do believe you're right. I had thought that when I was writing it....blogging fills me. it's real.

as for the talk show? I hadn't put it in words before, but I do believe I'd like to do that!! Gotta find an agent. :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL....Well, look what a few glasses of wine will bring to the blog-table...! All sorts of interesting confessions about Lipo (or is it Lypo?) and other good stuff.....
And by the way, I'm not sure sharing all that you feel on your blog would be a bad thing when running for office...."trasparency" being the word for 2009 and more. People would know how you feel about lots of things and that is a GOOD thing now....
Hey! Here's an idea...! Maybe there should be a Blog Club where Once-A-Week, we all drink wine and confess....lol...!
Trashy Magazines....I want to know was it only PEOPLE? Or were there others....lol!

LOVED this post!

And don't you change one thing, my dear....You Are Perfect, Just The Way You Are!

awareness said...

Naomi...I wish I could spend an afternoon with you sipping on wine. We'd have a good laugh or three I think! As for my thighs...I inherited them. It's a longstanding family joke shared by the ones who I share them with....they are called "Frame thighs" (said in a scottish brogue)...as my Great Aunt Jean used to say. It was one of the first things she said to me when she first visited from Scotland...Aye, Lassie! You've got the Frame thighs...
They are fine when they are muscular. I can do damage with them. hahaha! Must get them back in shape.

The trashy mags...thank GOD it was only People magazine....oh, and Vanity Fair. I LOVED Vanity Fair! Now, if I can focus on reading, I will pick up the New Yorker, which has a good collection of people storie too and good writing.

I think wide open blogging should be a prerequisite for running for office. Unfortunately, it's a detriment still. There were a few candidates in the last Canadian election who were bloggers and had written bold faced opinion pieces in their past....as soon as they were found out, they had to resign their candidacy. I thought it was a shame. There was another guy in British Columbia who had Youtube videos on his blog showing him smoking dope. He was turfed too! I guess that one was a little over the top, though if he was to do well anywhere, it would've been in the heart of granola and all things hemp....BC Canada.

much2ponder said...

Finally got my first book by J. O'Donohue; "Anam Cara", A Book of Celtic Wisdom. I can't wait to begin reading. Thank you for the tip!

Robert said...

bravo bravo dana!!! Cheers to you for such a fun,creative,whimsical and scintillating post!!! I know what you mean about fearing the mind reader, maybe if i had the power of mind control i could flip the script muhahahaha you definiotely know your wine it appears as well lol

awareness said...

m2p...wonderful! Its a book which I keep returning to and rereading parts of it only to find something thought enhancing all over again. Enjoy, enjoy.

Robert...good to see you matey! Good thing I only had a couple of glasses of wine or I would've really spilled the secrets eh?

Anonymous said...

Excellent answers. I can relate to the mechanically able wish because I have always wanted to be able to fix cars, including things like panel beating and respraying. Those car detailers charge a fortune. I want my breasts perked up a bit too. At the moment they're almost at my knees. I am frightened I'm going to start tripping over them!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

Love reading your facts Dana, I'd join you with having the fat sucked out of my thighs...but then they could inject it into my boobs and I'd be happy :)
Sometimes I'd like to be more mechanically able - most things I can sort if I try but then I quite like being a damsel in distress, especially if it's a handsome rescuer.. they are rare I find...perhaps I'm too particular!

and what about being able to read each others minds in a lift when they are both in the gutter ;)?

oh no, thats onto drama and tantrics... :)

Hope you're having a good weekend, Katie,x

Anonymous said...

((hug))

What a wonderful way to get to know a bit more of you Dana.

I know exactly what you mean about drama. I wonder if some psychic protection would help. I find that drama sticks to me when I'm not holding my psychic boundaries. Let me know if I can help with this! :)

awareness said...

Selma...welcome! :) They do cost an arm and a leg! I think that's what frustrates me the most.
As for the breasts? I say thank God for underwire.

Katie...duel mind reading would be cool. I think this may be what happens between soulmates. Maybe its what makes the feeling between two people who share a soul so delightful and scary at the same time?
as for large breast? they are overrated! I don't care what others say.

Claudia....oooooo that sounds very interesting...psychic boundaries? Maybe if I take up the offer from the reiki master I met during the winter solstice to learn my own reiki-ness I could work on those boundaries. :)
btw, don't you think all writers are addicted to drama? it feeds the muse....