Friday, April 27, 2007

thought du jour.





“If you lose hope,
somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving,
you lose that courage to be,
that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.
And so today I still have a dream.”
Martin Luther King




Don't you love the word VITALITY? It jumps right out at you with a fresh lime scent! Vitality should always be written out in with a big broad marker in bright GREEN.




It's a wide eyed open stance that dares you to dive right into something challenging and life affirming. Vitality comes alive when hope is fueled by dreams. My hope and my dreams sustain me. My hope and dreams are attainable. I too still have a dream..........LOTS of them.




Vital


Affirming


Hopeful


Charismatic


Creative


Smiling


Determined
ZESTY!!!


Focused.................. attainable goals.......




Vitality turns ordinary into extraordinary






Just a few thoughts after a great morning of writing reports and feeling like I'm getting a handle on the paperwork. My post last night, and the experience I had yesterday seemed to be a tipping point in my decision to make a decision.......... I don't know what my options are, but I do know that I feel less stuck with just the knowledge that I have the beginning of a plan again.




I feel good.........affirmed...........visible...........and worthy. I'm off to a fresh start meeting. Who knows if and/or where it will lead.






7 comments:

Ellen said...

I still think that Ms. Manager will suffer a credibility factor over her little walk out. What a dumb thing to do anyway. Did you ever get the chance to ask her why?

It is unfortunate that she is in a position of management, as they are the ones that rule the roost whether we like it or not.... but it does explain why most agencies are all messed up. They are far too busy following the rules and not looking into the cracks where most people fall.

Good luck to you, and your meeting.... but I feel that your collegues are more in tune to your ideas if they had to ask what was wrong with Ms. Hem & Haw and her little hissy fit.

Take care.... and sending smiles from down south..... :)

paris parfait said...

Dana, this is a wonderful, happy, hopeful post! Thank you - I needed this today.

awareness said...

Hi Ellen....the meeting went really well. Nothing big and bouncy happened.......no miracles, unfortunately. More importantly, it was just good to spend an hour with a person who has always supported and believed in me........who generated a bunch of ideas......and who encouraged me to begin networking again. For that, I am very grateful. There are so many people in this world who will only look out for themselves and will never help another with respect to careers......it's mind blowing to me quite honestly. I can count on one hand the people who have gone an extra mile to look out for me.......he is one and reassured me today that he would be there for me. OK, then I cried....just a little, and not enough to smear my mascara.

Tara.....I'm glad it hit you when you needed it. It joyfully came out of me at a good time too!

The House on Big Island said...

Lime is my favourite flavour!!! (cause I've always been just a little squirt)

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

where is the bombay and tonic.......

salutations sister

Rainbow dreams said...

A great quote, a great post... am so pleased you had a good meeting, here's to the future :)

Anna said...

I make a wonderful margarita! It will go perfect with that picture!