Thursday, April 26, 2007

bloggie interview.........



"Kenju" Judy posted interview questions and her answers last week on her blog and invited anyone who wanted to be "interviewed" to let her know. So, I jumped on board, hoping I'd get a knock on my door so we could chat in person.......alas we live too far apart. So, Judy offered up these interview questions for me to answer. Thanks Judy.




How has your education had an impact on your life? Do you wish you had studied something else?

Yes, my education has allowed me the opportunity to build a career I am proud of. My graduate degree is in counselling and assessment (IQ testing, Emotional Assessments....I even completed a whole course on the Rorschach which is good fun at parties) which I have been able to parlay into a variety of different jobs.....everything from teaching adults to assessing the developmental milestones of babies. My focus in my studies was on children, but when I graduated there were no jobs that were an exact fit to my expertise. Because of this, my career path led me to working with adults, though I did for a time teach early childhood education courses at the local Community College, which I LOVED.

Do I wish I had studied something else? Much of what I do during the day is related to career counselling, though for the most part it's personal counselling. Because I have the chance to help others explore their options, I have an open door to reviewing many different careers. An area I have always had a personal interest in is political science and international relations, which to me is a combination of history, sociology and psychology. Its all about how humans interact, which is what counselling is all about. I'm happy with what I have studied, and feel like I'm in the right field, and will continue to be an armchair politician. :) Well.......................maybe one day I'll leave the armchair and throw my hat in........maybe one day.



What type of music would you write, if you could compose?

I would like to compose melodies that would be sung out loud and with feeling. Standards come to mind.................a song that Sinatra could've brought to life. Fly Me to the Moon.............................






What one color do you never wear or have in your home? Why don't you like it?

Peach. Besides red, most of my clothing are earthy colours........they suit me. Chocolate brown, deep greens and blues...........I don't like pastel colours on me. They wash me out. Same with my home. Can't stand peach or light mauves. Ick.

If money were no object, what would be the first thing you would buy?

4 airline tickets for me and my family to see the world........................

What experience in your life has enriched you the most?

I can't pick one experience. My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this year. We have shared many enriching moments together, most definately top of the list is the birth of our two children and learning to be parents. Moving away from our families when we were first married and forging a life together in a different province without daily support at the beginning solidified our partnership, and allowed us to see and to rely on each other's strengths. We grew as a team of two more strongly because of it, I believe.
As an individual, I have had many and will continue to have many........some more obvious than others..........some pronounced, some subtle. One clear turning point in my life was the 4 months I spent backpacking through Europe. But, by far, the most important experience that has enriched my life, and continues to feed my foundation as an adult were all the summers I spent at Camp Kawabi...............both as a camper and a camp counsellor. Just thinking about it makes me feel GOOD!




If you were able to have dinner with any two people in the world, who would you choose and what would you ask them?

The Dalai Lama and Jesus Christ. I would ask them to tell me a story. Then, I would sit back and listen while we enjoyed a bottle or two of wine....oh, and some bread for the storytelling journey.


Do YOU Want to be interviewed?

Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Thanks Judy. That was fun.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Loved your answers...I was also interviewed by Judy. I ahve to agree about the peach color, although that wasn't my answer! :)

Unknown said...

Great interview.
My husband and I also moved away from family shortly after we were married. I echo the lessons.
The passion for your career and beliefs shines through.

kenju said...

Very good answers! Thanks for doing the interview. I really am having a good time reading everyone's answers and yours are no exception.

I had to laugh at the peach thing; my den is painted peach and I hate it!

paris parfait said...

Fascinating information about you, Dana.

awareness said...

Hey everyone........glad you liked it! Judy..time to get the paint out!