Friday, April 13, 2007

winter frigging wonderland.....

no biking today, april 13th




It's amazing how one's perspective can alter so dramatically. Had I taken these photos last December, my enthusiasm would be soaring. However, given that it's supposed to be SPRING, these scenes are not welcoming. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is affected by one's perception and perspective.




front yard, April 13th




This is the scene we woke up to. Schools are closed. Life is disrupted. Slush fills the garden beds and streets. By the time I got to my office, I had two soakers from having to walk through the slushy mess clogging up the streets and a desire to turn around, head home and crawl under the covers with a good book.







OK........it is pretty.................but enough already! I want spring!! Bring on the Tulips!!!


frosted pussy willows, april 13th
















5 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Here's what I think....

This totally SUCKS!!! I want warm weather and sunshine.....

Ellen said...

Oh my..... You have successfully made me quit moaning about our little cold snap here in the South. We may have been blindsided with colder weather, but thankfully no snow.

We are expecting monsoons tomorrow... oh well.... good for the crops, I always say.

awareness said...

Hey Tay....I'm with you. As much as i am trying to be optimistic today, I can't get the "totally SUCKS" out of my head! Best I put on some happy music and carry on without looking outside or listening to the persistant drip drip drip of melting SLUSH...ick.

Ellen.......glad to help out! :) I took those photos waiting for my husband to walk the dog before we headed to work.....the kids were still sound asleep tucked in...a good sleep in for them and a whole day off.......it took all of my energy not to run back in the house and put my jammies back on and join them!!

The snow will melt quickly (again) and will also be good for the crops. Think I'll focus on the big juicy strawberries and the wonderful fiddleheads that will thrive soon........soon.......

Prerona said...

:(

I hardly saw any snow at all this year!

Disillusioned said...

My kids would love it...

I, like you, would prefer to give the snow a miss at this time of year.

Sending you some of our spring weather - actually, it may be on the way as it has been much duller here today.