Thursday, April 12, 2007

shhhhh.........

April 12, 2007
The view from my living room.


I pause for a moment
and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me,
creating me in his image and likeness, making me his temple....



This early morning, I sat in my livingroom in the dark, and watched the morning vista evolve. There is a point in time when night transitions into dawn before light takes over the sky. It is a moment of anticipation, before the sun blinks over the horizon when the land and the sky merge to form a ribbon of colour. Tangerine, with a hint of yellow and red.

The river touched by the bare tree silouettes flowed eastward still carrying remnants of winter ice.

The land on the other side of the river was spotted in the glowing night lights, glimmering shivering in the chill of the season, protecting the community still fast asleep.

Quiet calm and contemplative, I sat and watched the glory of morning arrive wondering if anyone else was enjoying the vista, watching the colourful transitional pull of spring, anticipating a new day, feeling safe and connected to my tiny part of the world.

Hope awakening

This is my favourite time of day.



9 comments:

Shaz said...

Beautiful way to start the morning, You are truly blessed.

kenju said...

Beautiful time and beautifully written.

Bar L. said...

I have to admit, I envied you as I read this, not all of us have such a lovely view...but I am glad you do so that you can share it with us. This was beautiful.

awareness said...

I don't have a big grand house, just a little bungalow up on a hill in a regular little neighbourhood, but when I look out onto the horizon in the mornings and in the evenings.....when I look out at the river at any time of year, I do feel blessed.

this morning was particularly pretty, though it was bloody cold stepping out onto the deck to take a very quick pic to try to capture part of my view. The pic doesnt do it justice.....

the sunrise that followed? Blindingly stunning.

tomorrow? Forecast is calling for up to 20cm of snow!!!

Queen Mel said...

ok your up WAY too early for me.....LOL

Rainbow dreams said...

a beautiful moment

Unknown said...

The early, early morning is my favorite time of day too. It holds promise of so much. Another lovely photo.

paris parfait said...

How beautiful - the view and your thoughts.

Ellen said...

Both sunrise and sunset are my favorite times of day. There is something so prescious about the stillness both offer....

May your life be filled with many of both.