Monday, May 26, 2008

gazing across the pond.


"The Holy Spirit is the wild and passionate side of God, the tactile spirit whose touch is around you, bringing you close to your self and to others. The Holy Spirit makes these distances attractive and laces them with fragrances of affinity and belonging. Graced distances make strangers friends. Your beloved and your friends were once strangers. Somehow at a particular time, they came from the distance towards your life. Their arrival seemed to be accidental and contingent. Now, your life is unimaginable without them."

John O'Donahue, Anam Cara.



I never in my wildest dreams (and some of them are pretty darn wild) thought blogging would be an avenue where I would find kindred spirits..........human beings who have become a part of my life in such an almost indescribable way. This avenue is a multisensory mirror.......... or can be if you want it to, where we can see old and new reflections of ourselves on the faces of others.
Distance loses meaning. Life acquires it.

This morning, a friend has returned to the harbour. Here is the link to his new blog, which will undoubtedly be a wonderful well where reflections will offer up a few glimpses of light. I encourage you to visit his new blog......
Welcome back Paul, my kindred spirit friend. Let your chaoticsoul take flight.

5 comments:

Marja said...

I totally agree Dana. The internet is a blessing. I met the most amazing people. My friend met one of my blogging friends in Marocco and soon
I might meet one as well. All very exciting.

Unknown said...

thanks for the mention.....

glad you guys had a blast in old london town!

awareness said...

Hi Marja....So good to see you again....will have to visit your site....are you blogging again??
it is very exciting to meet fellow bloggers.....it's a real kinship thing.

Paul....selfishly, i'm very happy you're back writing in blogland. I feel like a friend is back to sit on the dock with me to dangle our feet in the water.
Selfishly too wish I could've seen you live and in person too. To have a chance to see your London town will have to wait for another day.....cause i'm sure it would be quite enlightening.
in the meantime, write away my friend!

Open Grove Claudia said...

Boy that's a delicious post! I do think that the Internet allows us to not only draw kindred spirits, but kin that has been scattered around the world due to war, famine, and cruelty. It's a way of united again in a place called "home".

Lovely as usual! :)

Kate's Typewriter said...

dazzling picture, awe-inspiring quote. a wonderful, wonderful thing to read right now. it's been a delight to interact with you thus far... :)