Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the bloody truth


for years it slept sorely in the shadow of a dream
resting with constant irritation
ready to strangle you like twisted sheets
sprinkled with dry toast crumbs
around the naked ache of your limbs


it slumbered through long stretches of sightless snoring
like a blink that refused to open
despite the urge to pry open your eyes
to face its existence.


it awoke when hungry loneliness grabbed hold
demanding attention with growling need
persistantly refreshing failures hidden from light
until you could no longer avoid it.......


reality has a wide eyed bite to it doesn't it?






photo entitled "hurt" by trinket.





7 comments:

Gilly said...

A sad photo, and a hard-hitting poem.

Can I come back another time? ;)

awareness said...

Gilly...sure you can.
I had the phrase "shadow of a dream" in my head...the rest came from there as i tried to envision what lurked there.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

god sister...you said a mouthful and i am definately feeling this post today...and my reality right now? kinda sucks.

BlazngScarlet said...

I am so here with this! lol

"it slumbered through long stretches of sightless snoring"

Sometimes our 'realities' need to slumber a bit ... it makes US better equipped to deal with them when they finally DO awaken, and they always do.


Be safe traveling today!
Play fair ... :)

awareness said...

hey Heather Irish...I do hope the day got a little bit better.
Personally, I wasn't really feeling this bad when I wrote it last night...had to channel it when I knew i couldn't get the darn phrase out of my head.
But you know what? I wrote it and THEN I couldn't sleep last night. Guess I drummed up the feelings and they stayed with me all night long.

Scarlet....I agree...sometimes we aren't ready or equipped for the bite of reality. There is no timeline either...it all depends on the individual and all the other variables in one's life. The problem is, once it has been woken up...it Ain't goin' to sleepy slumber again is it?

ps...travelling is going well....am sitting in a hotel in Quebec City sipping wine. Tomorrow, home....and reality!!

Anonymous said...

“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”

Kahil Gibran

truth eh?....hmmmm

awareness said...

paul...c'est vrai mon ami. je cherche mon coeur et je trouve beaucoup de joie d'amour. je pense que je reste la.

j'espere que tu comprend?

j'ecrive a l'hotel dans la belle ville Quebec and je veux aller dans l'auto chez moi maintenant!