Monday, March 02, 2009

In like a lion....


Another storm is brewing this morning. We're about to be pummelled by freezing rain, wind, snow and whatever the weather fairy decides to throw at us. Of course that doesn't stop things in this vast land of multiple elements. Life carries on, albeit with the increased in the flaring of tempers and a decrease in the levelling of patience. The lion is prepared to show his presence. It's coming! It's coming!!! Up the eastern seaboard....galloping with fury....
It will be more than the month of March roaring like a lion today. Canadians who are known to be nice and friendly.....who are polite and respectful....who have a reputation of peacekeeping folks with smiles on their faces??? Well, that's just a facade, and believe me the facade falls off the optimistic humour in March when the wind blows and they get pummelled again....we do have a nasty side and it seems to come out when you're in the middle of fish tailing in your van on the way to work....or when a neighbour decides to dump all of their snow onto the road....or when some eeejit from another planet is driving ahead of you so tentatively full of anxiety that they are making things worse as you merge onto the bridge that is covered in ice.....or when your flight to Cuba is postponed.....or, or, or....

the list is endless...

you can only take so much!!! and then KAPOW! All of sudden, the nasty raging side comes out from under the hibernating covers and SNAPS!

OH, yeah, it's BEAUTIFUL out there....GORGEOUS.....but you know what? We can only handle so much beauty....you look at the same scenery, the same face for too long and then all of a sudden it becomes ordinary and dull. Beauty, like anything needs to evolve and change...it needs alterations and tweaking. It needs new shades, light, hues, colour....it needs a touch up, a reworking....our eyes have grown weary.

or maybe beauty should only be a fleeting feast for the senses so that it continues to keep the temptuous mystery.....or maybe all Canadians should have access to a flight out of here when March comes in like a lion. I'm all for that.

But first, I have to get bundled up in my once beautiful winter garb which now feels ratty and icky and go to work. shit.

6 comments:

BlazngScarlet said...

"or maybe all Canadians should have access to a flight out of here when March comes in like a lion."

Can a Northern American girl come along?
Seriously.
I
Am
Over
This!

RAWR!


Just as a "Hmm .... " and because it's Monday and I need to laugh ... is it a bad thing that word verification says "rearmount"?!

awareness said...

Scarlet, you are more than welcome to come along...I look out my office window and just about weep over the white blurriness of this dreadful day. Siberia I tell you!

Rearmount just happens to be a word which makes laugh on any day. Maybe i'm weird that way.

Anonymous said...

whenever lions are mentioned.....the great Aslan always rushing, or should i say, roaring in

Anonymous said...

You really have had a bad time of it, I must admit. Hang in there!

awareness said...

paul...the great Aslan left behind a whole lot of freezing rain and ice on top of the tons of snow he presented to us last week. Today, it will clear again....and the roads will open up for travel.

Selma...WE SURE HAVE....the direct opposite weather to OZ. I say ENOUGH!!!

swilek said...

Oh you are speaking my sentiments. I have been wondering why I'm in a bad mood at work! I have to go out in this crazy weather everyday for recess duty! UGH!! I am sooo tired of all the layers we have to put on too...are you? The bonus I guess in spring is we will feel like we have lost tons of weight!! So today I was reading my friend's blog and going to that happy place as she was describing the winter I once loved until...maybe I'll send you over to read it. If you go to my blog and look on my "comrades list," her name is Carolyn at Spend a Penny. I just found it a hilarious post!! It brightened my day in this dark winter!! hope you laugh too!!