Tuesday, August 14, 2007

reflections and love in riddles.


A mystical bohemian recently and virtually presented me with the illustrious Blogger Reflection award. The orphaned cousin of Mr. Nobel and Miss Pullitzer, Count Reflection is much more gratuitous because it is set up to be shared..........and spread around like homemade jam. Plus, the prize is not money or fame...........two sinfully inducing nasty motivators, the obvious bane of all that has gone horribly wrong in this world. Who the heck wants money and fame??? Look where it got Hilton, Lohan and Stewart?
Rather, the reward comes with friendship and human connections which one day .......who knows?........will be toasted over Coronas with lime.......followed by dinner of some sort (who cares really.....the conversation will be food enough) and then finished off with cigars and Cointreau.............smokey music too?
As anyone who knows me, even a little bit, knows that I suck at following rules. I'm supposed to copy and paste a bunch of Count Reflection's here and then present the award to 5 others. But, I seem to be incapable of doing that. Instead, I welcome you to travel to another blog, one you havent visited before or one you havent visited in a while, to read their reflections. All writing is reflective. It's the nature of the process. It is why I love this interactive community. We are interconnected through the reflections we share.
Why not check out one of the links I have on my sidebar, or follow a link of someone who may have left a comment on another blog and see what the author has to say.
Seriously.........with a smile. Thank you Mr. Mystical bohemian. Your own reflections have added colour and shading to my world. You have honoured me with the most wonderful compliment....one that makes me think and grin. It had to do with writing about love in riddles............stories which may reveal hope and beauty perhaps if you look under the covers?
Love in riddles
seen in the eyes of another in need
expressed by their tattered tiredness,
no words, just longing for relief.
Love in riddles
whispered along the road to nowhere
sung by a bluesman yearning for warmth
alone, just longing to be understood.
Love in riddles
reflected in stories of the human condition
shared by a yearning student
quietly trying to understand.

5 comments:

Shaz said...

What a good idea Dana.
I got an award too but havent been as good as to post it. I cant even link so whos behind the times lol I will however check out a link ;)

Jenny said...

Now if I could just sit down for a cup of coffee at this blog, I'd be TOTALLY happy.

Hee.

awareness said...

Hey Shaz.....I hope others check out your blog too! Your words and how you describe the experiences you are living thru right now are from the heart.

Anon....I must put your name up on my sidebar....will update it tonight. What you write is from the heart too....I always leave your site thinking, wondering and hoping for you...... :)

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

kind words......

......well deserved award.....

awareness said...

Limes on hand...... :)