Thursday, September 20, 2007


Shaz and Caroline have tagged little old me this week to complete a writing task on my middle name.
I am supposed to "list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog post containing your middle name game facts. At the end of your blog post you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog."
Well, guess what folks? I don't have a middle name. Since my name is uncommon, my parents decided I didn't need one. No worries.......I've never felt cheated or anything like that. I never felt like I missed out and was left scarred for life. But, it leaves me wondering what one I would choose for this meme.


So........I asked my kids............."Kids, what middle name do you think would suit me for this game?" Various names were tossed out with increasing hilarity because of course it was one of those open ended imagination games which quickly turn to Benny Hill toilet humour. After eliminating all names which rhymed with Bart and Boot.........I informed them that I would like a middle name that would stand out......a name that would be a challenge to live up to, but if you did, you'd be a STAR.........


They offered: "Destiny" "Violet" "Desiree" "Monique" "Stardom" .......... but in the end?


I chose Scarlett.


So...........here she goes................


Slinky silk stockings in a smokey shade of grey silouette my long lanky legs

Crazed obsession for the scent of Old Spice. A man's gotta smell like a man.

Arresting and alluring green eyes that will pull you in with a crinkling smile

Ravenous unfulfilled desires which feed my motivation to seek adventure

Luscious glossy lips covered in a deep desirous red

Everlasting urge to.........hmmmm..... bungee jump

Terribly tenacious when it comes to getting what I want

Tasty


Whaddya think? I won't tag any others right now...............but if you want to share YOUR middle name descriptions right here in the comments.......well, you just fill your boots and leave your mark.


Thanks Shaz and Caroline. The tag led to a very funny conversation with my kids.........whose middle names are "Jean" and "Anderson"

14 comments:

Mike Davis said...

Mine's ADAM

Adventurous
Demanding
Amiable
Maddening!

Didn't give that enough thought, I guess. Might try again!

Here from Michele!

Rainbow dreams said...

love it, lol

Disillusioned said...

Enjoyed reading this, Dana! Beautifully written, as ever...

-E said...

Well, I've been tagged with that meme before so I won't bore you in your comments. But I like the name you chose for yourself.

Michele sent me.

Queen Mel said...

Q - quick
U - Unique
E - Expressive
E - Energetic
N - Naughty

Bar L. said...

I think: Ooooo la la!

The name and your acronym says it all. I don't usually share this but what the heck....I used to write erotica under a pen name, you guessed it:

Scarlett. I actually had a column in an online magazine called Scarlett's letters.

Don't tell anyone. It was classy stuff, but still.....

awareness said...

Hey Mike......that was great for a quick hit!

Caroline and Katie....wanted to reveal another side......:0)

hey e........glad you dropped by.

Tay.....are you pulling my leg? Queen? I love it.....and your descriptives

Layla!!! Who knew? I love that you had a Scarlett persona. I actually would love to try writing erotica.......how much fun was that??

Write From Karen said...

Wasn't that a fun meme? Even though you don't have a middle name, I bet you guys had a great time coming up with some. And anything that gets us talking to our kids is a good thing, right?

Scarlett. If I could change my middle name, I would definitely pick Scarlett. What a sexy, and dangerous choice! And your letter descriptions were very hot - so it's appropriate! *grin*

Michele and I wish you a most excellent weekend.

Write From Karen
writefromkaren.com

Just a trumpet player said...

No middle name ? Lucky you ! I've spend my whole life trying pronounce mine...

Michele sent me ; have a great weekend !

carmilevy said...

This made me smile. You've got me thinking what I'd do with my middle name. It's very short, very different, and contains very weird letters. I might post something about it soon...thanks to you!

I thought of you yesterday: I was asked by CBC Radio to do a number of consecutive interviews for shows across the country. And wouldn't ya know it, one of them was CBC New Brunswick! I was extra-sharp for that one, just in case you were listening.

I believe the show was called Main Street...it was such a hoot to do!

Karen said...

Great choice of middle name Dana. Reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara who happens to be one of my all time favourite characters.

My middle name is super boring - Ann (apologies to anyone with the same name).

A - Adorable
N - Naughty
N - Nice

LMAO

awareness said...

HiKaren. It was definately fun and these comments are making me laugh too.

jtp.....now I'm curious! Your first name is quite intriguing all on it's own, I cant imagine what your middle name is, or how your parents could find anything that would flatter Just a Trumpet Player.

Carmi. I look forward to your potential post......consider yourself TAGGED

Gypsy Ann.......I like it. Nice should always be accompanied by naughty.

Star said...

For a minute I thought you were going with "Star" which is my first name. Here from Michele's.

JP (mom) said...

I was tagged with this too & just completed it ... I absolutely love your chosen name and descriptions! Smokin' hot (you'll know what I mean when you read mine!) xx, JP/deb