Tuesday, September 04, 2007

hymns to the silence

Contemplative view of the Northumberland Strait, PEI


There's peace in the quiet settling of the house this morning, like the storm has moved on.



Earlier flurries of first day of school jitters and prep were the last winds to bellow by and I now sit with a sigh. Peacefully content.........
Relief. Fatigue. Calm.



It's a beautiful day for a long walk........you know the kind?



The long walks which add energy to your step with each big breath of sunshine fresh air.



The kind of walk which has no real destination, but a definate head clearing purpose where the melody of tucked away tunes accompany the churning, unravelling thoughts........



The kind of walk where nature takes care of you......

because you're ready to allow it.

5 comments:

BreadBox said...

How lovely to have a place such as that to walk to. And a chair placed there to rest, to read, to recover.

N.

Karen said...

You live in such a beautiful place Dana. Yes there is nothing like an invigorating walk, with the sun on your face and the wind in your hair. It gives you time to think away from the distractions of home and children jockeying for your attention. I have resolved many issues in my head while embarking on a long refreshing walk. Hope it works for you too.

Unknown said...

These words are absolutely breathtaking. Thank you for sharing them. Yes, we do have to allow the goodness in our lives. This I am slowly learning.

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

oops, bugger, put the comment in the wrong post.... what would we do without Van was meant to be dropped here not your previous one....doesn't quite make the sence there......hopefully does a little more here

awareness said...

Breadbox.....I was quite taken with the view from that chair which I found on a walk this past summer while in PEI.

Gypsy...I would love to be able to walk daily along this coast. Luckily, I do have access to a few other beautiful trails with amazing vista sights too. In a couple of weeks, the leaves will be in full autumn colour around here. I can't wait to see it again....will take pics to share it with you.

Tori....me too. I am determined to incorporate more of these walks into my daily routine. Not only are they good for the much ignored muscles, they are always re-invigorating for the soul.

Paul....No worries....I placed the comment here in my head for you when I read it. Life without Van would be like life without grace notes......or without a bottle of merlot shared with a friend.