Saturday, September 15, 2007

Reverence



Being open to the ineffable moments of nature stretches our spiritual realities.
As we stand in reverent awe, a place cupped in mystery, words slip away into silence.
No rush to find the spoken words. For, it is in the silent reverence in the presence of one of God's creations where we feel the most enlightening affirmation of life.
We don't revere the known.
We revere awe inspiring unknown mysteries, which in turn feeds our creativity.
The essence of the unknown drives our insatiable need to understand. And yet, there are so many wonders without the possibility of an explanation. That's reality..........a reality wrapped in the indescribability of a symphonic faith.
Gee, I wonder if someone slipped something in my wine tonight? I have no clue where that came from or if it makes one iota of sense.

5 comments:

Shaz said...

Gee alright I need some of what your having. That was brillant xx

Rainbow dreams said...

blooming heck Dana... that was good...
you know it does make sense :) x

Dustin said...

Beautiful, Dana, simply beautiful!

awareness said...

shaz, katie and dustin....thank you for the votes of confidence. The word "reverence" was tugging away at me all week for some unknown reason. It kept rolling around in my head, poking me to think about what it meant and where it is felt.....I jotted various ideas which I believe had been generated by what I had read, and continued to think on it. This word ....REVERENCE ....... wouldn't give up on me until I shared it. This was my first crack at it. A hearty glass of wine and out it flowed.
It made sense to me, but honestly I didn't know if it made much sense beyond my inside out left handed thinking. So, thank you. :)

Robert said...

LOL dana have to agree with shaz iwant whatyou had hehe thought im not a wine lover haha it did make sense and truly gave a glimpse of what reverence can mean and represent

Also wanted to thank you soooooooo much for your comment on my blog always so enjoy hearing from you my fellow *misfit* and your thoughts warmed my insides!! Thank you dana!!!