Friday, February 17, 2006

Wakey, wakey....says Amiel



I have always had a love / hate thing going on with columnist Barbara Amiel. There have been many times over the years that I would read one of her opinion pieces in MacLeans and would promptly vow to myself I that I wouldn't read her page again. But, it never failed...........I was always lured back by her creative ability to write, and often by her persuasive text. Yeah, sometimes Babs and I agree on certain topics. Her choice in paramours aside, Amiel can be convincing.

This week's column is powerful, frightening and unfortunately true. It should be required reading. Here's the link to Amiel's column. Take the time to read what she has to say. You may not like it................it's a bit like taking some Buckley's..............but you need to be aware.

Knowledge and awareness is always a good thing. It may also be frightening................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine that, knowledge may be frightening........who would have thunk it?

awareness said...

Yeah! It's a good thing that every now and then we let "you know who" take the wheel.........

Pat said...

YES Barbara Amiel -

And see,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/17/AR2006021702499_pf.html

And
http://www.welt.de/z/plog/blog.php/the_free_west/the_free_wests_weblog/2006/02/10/the_right_to_offend