the view from inside......
The snow is swirling like a wailing banshee in flight and we're all tucked in for the night in this corner of the world. I've got a dog by my feet, a cup of tea within reach and Steve Martin playing bluegrass banjo tunes with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is in the background. How much more could I want? It was that wild and crazy guy who once suggested we give every depressed person a banjo to play because you can't stay depressed if you're playing a happy travelling tune. It sets the atmosphere for some lighter writing........
My new blog friend, Irish Heather, aka "mouthy irish woman," who wears her honest feelings right out on her sleeve, tagged me to answer a few questions.....so here i sit ready to tackle them....you ready to read them?
1. What are you wearing right now? The outfit I wear when I'm blogging of course.... My black tight fitting mini dress, midnight sheer nylons, high heeled shiny leather boots.... sure eh? I do own those things but I ain't wearing them. What I'm really wearing? my red plaid flannels and my crocs with fake jewels on them....and a bright green and pink tulip quilt covering me. 'right cozysexy!
2. What is your biggest fear? Drowning, followed by painting my toenails. That scares the shit out of me.
3. Who is the last person you hugged? Believe it or not, my boss!
4. What was the last item you bought? a small bouquet of flowers for a client I met with in the hospital this afternoon. He's been an in-patient for over 4 months now and I wanted to bring him a little bit of spring for his room. My God, he is so ill! Send him a little prayer will you??
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Here, there and everywhere! My number one choice right now though is to attend the Greenbelt festival in the UK in August. I'd like to go to Alaska too.
6. If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why? I would SCREAM! Then, I'd adjust myself and go drink milk from the container.
7. Has a celebrity haircut ever influenced your own hairstyle? hmmmm....yes...Billy Ray Cyrus? noooo.... ...Dorothy Hamel comes to mind....she's that Olympic skater from WAY back? I actually change my hairstyle quite often though it hasn't been long for a while.
8. Last movie I watched? Happy Go Lucky....oh, wait a minute...I fell asleep on the couch.... oh, I know it was that Brad Pitt starting old and getting younger movie. It totally creeped me out.
9. If you had a whole day to yourself, with no work, commitments or interuptions what would you do? Without hesitation.............I'd go shopping, to the dentist and then spend the rest of the day cleaning the bathroom. If I had time, I'd throw in a couple of loads of laundry, make dinner and mop the floors. After that, I'd head out to a karaoke bar to drink margaritas and sing Beyonce tunes....."All the single ladies, all the single ladies...."
10. If you were to win the lottery what would you do with the money. BLOW IT on cosmetics and sex toys...wouldn't everybody?
11. What was the last gift you received? When I got home from work last night a package from Paris was sitting in the hallway waiting for me (the contents in the picture below). It was from my friend Tara over at Paris Parfait. It appears I won a draw she held. It made me smile all over..... And if you are looking for an insightful, creative, colourful, thought provoking blog, may I highly recommend you visit Tara's blog. She's a gem.
12. What do you want written on your tombstone? My, how she loved to dance.....
Thanks for askin' Irish Heather. That was fun and timely....I needed to flip on the silly switch. BTW, if you havent noticed? I changed a couple of the questions....hope that was kosher. Oh, and here are some flowers just for you. They are part of my Valentine's bouquet....have a sniff!