Wednesday, January 10, 2007

downtown bronzing.......


Crisp winter January day..................the sun bouncing off bronze..............and inhaled by me. A few shots I took during my stroll.....................what FUN my new camera is!!! I'm loving the learning..........and experimenting.......and exploring and CAPTURING illuminating sights of my beautiful downtown................bronzing cupola, top of the provincial legislature building. Taken from the parking lot behind my office.







Christchurch Cathedral steeple............looking gothically majestic as always






Old train bridge, now a walking bridge...........
takes you on a journey north.......
across the Saint John River and beyond....................



"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance and write poems and suffer and understand, for all of that is life." J. Krishnamurti.

That is why we need to see beauty illuminated by the sun


14 comments:

kenju said...

Lovely photos.

X said...

Ah it reminds me when I was down there last spring. Good times :)

SocietyVs said...

Those are some cool photo's of the East Coast - gives us in the Prairies a little insight into the beauty of the East Coast (we all the know the Praries suck).

paris parfait said...

Such beautiful images! Thanks for sharing your day.

Sornie said...

I love the ironwork on those old bridges. SO many are gone in favor of new concrete spans with absolutely no character. Maybe when Spring rolls around I'll drive about and capture the remaining few I can find.

Shaz said...

Wow so beautiful you are very good at this arent ya????
Its photos like these that stir my wandering Heart :)

awareness said...

Hi everyone........thank you! There are WAY more gadgets on this camera of mine that will keep my learning curve steep that's for sure. One step at a time.

My old camera broke on me last summer and just about broke my heart. I love photography and hadn't taken a shot since last spring...... it's nice to have the "picture" eyes on again.............

Michael K. Althouse said...

I like the bridge - very nice lines.

Mike

Ellen said...

Your eye for picture taking is as good as your soul for writing. I finally had a chance to read all the way back through your past posts that I didn't get a chance to comment on (so sorry for my absence), and find you leave me wanting more (as usual). I can't wait to see more of your great work, sweetie!

The Original Princess said...

You're photos are beautiful. They inspire me to go out at lunch time and take some myself. I actually bring my camera with me every day.

awareness said...

Hi Mike.

I love that shot too....as soon as I approached the entrance to the bridge, I realized I had hit it at just the right time shadow wise... it's also quite rare to find it empty.

Hi Ellen.........hope you've enjoyed a week of putting your feet up and not running around Atlanta. Good to see you back. I do love photography (my office is littered with photos, mostly of flowers, which I have taken over the years with my 35mm. and in fact through posting these photos, I have found out about a workshop this spring with a local photographer. I'm very excited about that...........

Orig. Princess......... If you are the original princess, can I be the original diva? Divas can wear tiaras too? what am I saying? Divas can do sweet anything they want to........ let's get together over lunch, compare tiaras and take some shots together. What fun we'd have!!!
See you soon.........

Stella McGee said...

Oh, lovely photos. I love the train bridge, especially.

Anna said...

My first time here. My fav is the bridge pic. I am absolutely fascinated by all the lines and how it takes my eye all over the picture. Thanks for that!

awareness said...

welcome stella and anna..........thank you for your feedback...........hope you drop by again soon. :)