Tuesday, July 21, 2009

intuitive understanding.....


We could talk for hours, you and I
painting life-picture stories.
I'd enjoy that. Would you?

We could talk forever,
adding bits upon bits of information
shedding a few skin layers
catching glimpses of commonalities
asking questions
piecing people puzzles together...
Your people puzzle
My jigsaw of a life....
Unfinished edges remain.
Unfound pieces left under the carpet
as we talk in circles
around and around and around......

for hours we could take turns treading water....
spilling our thoughts out in rambling words
listening to the uplift and downshifts of our vocal tones
watching expression ooze out of our pores
rippling spills of thought bubbles
floating in the air of new knowing....
Truth is within reach if we let our guards go home.

We share what we have gleaned of ourselves.
We share from our own viewpoint.
The more we gab and jab,
the more we grab hold of our common clay
our blended shades of light.
Formulating unique people prints.....
like finger prints but bigger.
shaplier
"wholier"
illumineer..... ing stories masking the whispers caught in the back of our throats....

What do you really want to say?
Tell me how you feel about it....

Out it pours.....
stretching back into the vaults of nostalgia
leaning forward into the foggy dreams of what may be
surrounding unfolding immediacy.
encompassing facts, ideas, thoughts,
feelings....
only the comfortable ones confessed.....
always remaining entwined in intellectual fabric
where trust knocks but isn't welcomed yet.

What about the discomfortable ones?
Why are they shamed into repression?

We can talk forever, filling each other with so much of ourselves and still not really know one another.
We could live side by side for years and still never break through to meaning.
We have the capacity to fill the airwaves right up to the invisibly tough boundary lines like the TV midnight weather lady who forecasts facts backed up by science....

high pressure, low pressure.....
stormfront lines on the horizon,
do we choose to remain in the safety net?
acceptable
expectable
predictable
controlled by intellectual calculations.

until....
until.....

something mysterious and holy happens....
paint splashes onto our life-story canvas
a new puzzle piece is revealed....
WE both grab for it because it is the same.
THEN! The weather predictions don't follow the weather lady's script!

The change in air pressure bursts the glistening thought bubbles floating in the air, and out spills common feelings
raining down on me and you....
revealing honesty from each tender drop.

In a split moment, our guards run for cover and we are left reflecting upon one another as Truth holds up the mirror.
"Not bad!
Not bad".....we cry as we see the imperfections displayed as beauty marks, sending shivering affirmation and acceptance. "What were we so darn afraid of??"

Knowing transforms into understanding.
Understanding blends into a feeling of communion.
Now, let's restart from here......
We can talk for hours from here......

Can I call you Beautiful?? Because you are......


For you my emerald friend Pip. My first attempt to capture Paul Tournier's "Meaning of Persons." Food for the soul. Level 5 communication is within reach when you intuitively understand? Level 5 touches the heart and soul of communion? I believe communion goes well with sip or two of cointreau. :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana,
currently at the ocean in Wells Beach ... our place of relaxation for about 20 years ... started coming here when our children were very little ... and altho it is rainy the lull of the ocean that I am hearing and seeing from our motel on the beach makes it all worth while.
I will reread your post for today to capture more of its essence - you have such a descriptive writing style ... creates such visions. Enjoy reading your blog.

reading yesterday's blog ... I realized that I certainly can recall the event but just not specifically the actual moment... not like I can some other events like when John Kennedy was shot ... hmm now I am dating myself huh. I think that I was helping out at a church camp in Nova Scotia at the time and didn't have access to TV ... maybe that is why.

Keep blogging Dana

JTChoices

Marja said...

wow that was a beautiful tribute waved in poetic words. The thing with getting to know people is that with somebody it takes you only a short time while to the other end inpenetrable. It is like visiting another country and learning a new culture. Some cultures have the same value as you do which makes it easy.
Have to get to work now and prepare
a (my first) class I've got 12 adult students tomorrow. Wish me luck

awareness said...

Joyce...I'm so pleased you're reading along.
Wells Beach....full of memories for you, caught in the waves maybe? Just like Spencer's Island is for me. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. i actually tried to give it a feeling of waves, adding new pictures as I went along. Good experimental exercise. :)
I think blogging is in my blood... but must get over the hurdle and do something with some of these pieces. I wish I had a faerie to help me.
Enjoy your vacation....
ps. I remember watching the funeral procession of JFK on the TV. It's my first clear memory.

Marja...Bon chance with your class. Have fun too! With your bright light, you'll shine!

BlazngScarlet said...

Amazing post Dana!
This one really has captured me.
I love your style, and your never ending search for true understanding, and yes ... Awareness.

Fantastic piece of writing!

Mark said...

I love this! Beautiful and wise words and thoughts. You touch my soul.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, Dana....I LOVE this! You have such a way of painting a picture with your very deep caring words.
BRAVA, my dear!

Kay said...

What a pleasant read! How it conjures emotions of all showers that have been cast and the longing for those yet to come

awareness said...

Scarletina... thank you. It felt good to write like this again. It's been a while since it flowed so freely.

Mark... that's EXACTLY where I was trying to touch. lol! I'm glad the piece resonated with you.

Naomi...sometimes I get lost in the pictures that float into my imagination and wonder if I should just go with one of them to keep the piece clean. But when I was writing this one, I thought I'd try to pull them all together in the end....
I'm pleased you liked it.

Kay....I really like your synopsis...the very idea that we continue to long for those yet to come is only felt once we get over the barrier of fear....then we crave for more of these type of connections don't we. thank you....

I'm really chuffed by all of your comments. AND motivated! Thank you. The wordtap seems to be opening again.....

J Pearson said...

Wonderful - loved it, and so true.

awareness said...

David maybe one day we can meet and start our conversation right there too. I have a feeling it would come naturally.

Medie007 said...

Dear whoever-you-are, I did not appreciate your recent comment in my blog as well as the other blogs. The issue was between you and the blogger, and none of our concern. What makes you think your action is justifiable to spam my blog? I've read some of your posts, and whilst I liked the positive messages that you shared with your readers, my honest opinion is that you have not practised what you preached. I hope this incident will make you reflect on your recent action. Please do not ever visit my blog again. Thank you.

ps: By the way, I have deleted your comment as it does not have anything to do with me. and I noticed the other bloggers have done the same.

Walker said...

Well that buzz went out the window.
To busy getting high on this great piece of writing.
I love all the dimensions it has

awareness said...

Medie....wow, I've never been considered spam before. It reminds me of a Monty Python song.
spam, spam, spam, spam.....

Interesting take on a non intrusive comment warning you about the plargiaristic behaviour of your friend Anton. My recent "action" was a shining example of asserting my belief in honesty, integrity and fairness and I have absolutely no qualms about warning others by sharing my the story of what your friend had done....that what you and your friends had been reading on Anton's blog and obviously enjoying based on the comments you all left, was in fact MY work.

No worries on this end Medie friend. I had no intentions of visiting your blog again. Feel free to visit mine if you would like or not. Your choice.

awareness said...

Walker....thank you. It was one of those times when the writing came from a different dimension. I've been trying to get back into that frame of mind again all week. But I know better.....it finds ME. I don't find it.

Gilly said...

That is a simply beautiful piece of writing, Dana. Its taken me a couple of "reads" to get the fullness of what you say. I only wish I could ever believe I would meet someone to reach out on level 5.

Don't bloggers who know they are in the wrong get all uppity and touchy??

awareness said...

Thank you Gilly. :) I hope you do too.

And yes....they do get all high and mighty and a bit bully-ish don't they? I have yet to hear from the culprit myself, but he seems to have a crush on Carmi.