Wednesday, February 04, 2009

DOWN WE GO!








Woolastook waterslides and a race down to the big splash. This week's theme is "down" courtesy of Carmi at Written Inc. I couldn't resist reposting these shots from two summers ago....my son and his friend....two buddies who continue to compete with joy and energy....on the slides in the summer and on the court in the winter. On a cold February night, with snow all around us, it was a nice treat to revisit a day when we had the slides to ourselves....when rushing downward to cool off with abandon was the theme for a whole afternoon.
Sadly, the slides are closed down for good....unless someone new comes to town to refurbish the little park just down the road from where we live.
For more versions of "down" check out Carmi's site. I guarantee it'll make you feel the corners of your mouth turn UP.
ps. YES! I did race the two of them and I'm proud to say I beat the pants off the skinny little buggers! My splash was much more dramatic too! Unfortunately you will have to take my word for it. No pictures were taken of middle aged lady gracefully barrelling down the waterslide laughing like a crazy woman. I can't wait for summer!!!

11 comments:

Light and Voices said...

Shoot down a slide...how kewel is that? Totally different idea for posting.
Joyce

Nikita said...

I love those huge slides! Hope someone does up the park for you! x

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh that looks like GREAT GREAT Fun! Too bsd is closed down....I hope someone does come along and it gets back up working again....I REALLY Would have loved to go down those slides! LOL!

awareness said...

Joyce....was going for the totally different. thanks.

Niki....there's another one even closer to us. It's much busier and not straight down, but just as fun. There's also a great place on Prince Edward Island called Shining Waters (named after Anne of Green Gables) which has a few much bigger slides....we all love them and try to get there every summer.

Naomi...It is a shame, but the place needs a big refurbishing. Would LOVE to get my hands on the place...it has a campsite as well and is right on the water (the Saint John River)....lots of potential if run properly.
I love water slides, but they completely strip you of any dignity or elegance! You look like a complete out of control fool. We all need to feel like that from time to time, right? :)

Mojo said...

What a joyous shot!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone rescues the park. Shame to see things that build a community up getting closed down.

And I love your header photo!

sealaura said...

Definitely joyous! It made me smile and long for those carefree days. Love the colors too.

Maria's Space said...

Wow..that looks like fun. My son would flip. Good for you for going down, I would totally be on that slide.

Karen said...

Great progression of shots. What fun :)

awareness said...

Zipity Doo Dah Joy!

Anonymous said...

I love water slides and I remember these pics too. You posted them right after I'd returned from a trip to Queensland where we did all the theme parks. My favourite was the water park and Chelsea and I went on everything and the scarier the better.

I will be so disappointed for you if no-one comes to the rescue and fixes it up. Every town needs somewhere the kids (and adults) can go for some good clean fun.

MamaCta! said...

That looks awesome! My 6 year old son just saw me looking at these and said, "Mom, WHERE is THAT?!" I have to say I'm a big kid and would like to go down that slide, too!