Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fredericton Market Colour



Bella Vista apples dripping in dewdrops.......the first of the season. Don't you love their name? This morning I headed to my local market before the crowds arrived. I love the pace there at that time of day, the vendors focused on setting up their products, sipping on coffee and preparing for the onslaught by mid morning, while people like me can take in the colour and abundance of this years' produce and flowers.





The Boyce Market in Fredericton is also a great place for local artisans to sell their creations. This morning, the rays of the late summer sun were warmly captured by the stunning glass catchers which spun slowing in the breeze. I found them mesmerizing. I would love to have a whole window, one which the morning sun streams through, covered in these ornaments. Sun colour......enlightening prisms.






My favourite time of the week......Saturday mornings at the Market are always abundantly full of colour.......whether it's in mid-January on a gloomy winter day, or in August when the sun can't get brighter.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, the last one is my favorite for sure! The orange crocks make that shot!

Thanks for your awesome show of "colorful."

Come check out my new meme, Pet Peeve Tuesday!

paris parfait said...

Fantastic colourful photos! So sorry I haven't been by much lately - too many writing obligations and too little blog-reading time! xo

carmilevy said...

I could feel the energy leap off my screen as I scrolled through your latest entry. We have a market right here in town. Well over a century old, a veritable institution in this burg that seems at times to have no soul. You've inspired me to head down there when the farmers are in and try to absorb some colorful inspiration.

Until I get down there, though, I'll keep your photos on my desktop.

Thanks, btw, for your comment re. my blog-whoring entry earlier today. I'm being deliberately unconventional because I figure that's how I'll grow this writing thing.

And, yes, I actively seek partnerships with folks I admire and trust - it lets me capture work that I wouldn't otherwise be able to handle on my own. Much mulling is about to ensue, and I suspect we'll have much to talk about in the not so distant future.

Bar L. said...

awesome photography! you really captured the flavor of the market!

awareness said...

mommywizdom....it's my fav. too. I have actually taken a few photos of the leggings worn by this person because she is such an eclectic creator.....in fact calls her booth eclectic collections.

Tara....no sorries! I'm thrilled you have many writing obligations. As Martha Stewart would say......"that's a good thing."

Carmi....of all the markets i have visited, this one is in a league of its own for some reason. I just love it......one of the major venues/weekly events that made me fall in love wiht Fredericton. You will have to bring your family to the Maritimes for the obligatory tour.....it's something every Canadian must do....a trip to the Maritimes and I will take you to the market and introduce you to the colourful folks who sell their wares there.

Now, as far the blog-whoring? Takes one to know one. I look forward to swapping ideas and talking to you about writing and partnering possibilities. I'm most definately interested.

Layla....you would love it. It has such a vibrancy to it and a friendliness too.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a great place and WONDERFUL Pictures of it, too, my dear. Markets like this are just so wonderfully inviting---It's like a fabulous Buffet of all kinds of foods...It all looks yummy and you want EVERYTHING! LOL!

BreadBox said...

I have to say, I'm jealous of your markets, and your big city lifestyles:-)
Oh, and your view of the St John too!

N.

awareness said...

Naomi.....I agree. I love attending markets in other cities too. It offers you great glimpses of the community at large I think

N.... I can't imagine living anywhere else at this point in my life.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

Beautiful pictures! I love it there. : )