Saturday, August 02, 2008

expressive bits

The photographic theme this week over at Carmi's place is Signs. I couldn't decide which one to post, so decided to take you on a little tour of my happy wanderings when I visited London and Canterbury in May. I tried to grab the "best bits" from the many photos I took......many of the signs and their locations tickled my warped sense of humour. Enjoy. And thank you Carmi for giving me the opportunity to unload, upload and share.


Pilgrim's Way, Canterbury

Who praytell is that pilgrim in the bright blue hightops?
Could it be my emerald friend?





I love the disconnect here.
A medieval dunking chair for wayward ladies.
And a modern reference to fast food.
loveitloveit.















.












love the names of the pubs








3 comments:

kenju said...

Hobgoblin is a terrific name for a shop! I think it says brewery, right?
I'd have to stop in there just because of the name!

swilek said...

love all your pics..esp. love the pizza express for the same reasons as you...i also noticed it looks like a boat could ride up to the window and get their pizza express!!!

awareness said...

Judy.....yes it was a brew pub I think. Very inviting, I agree.

Swile67...glad you enjoyed them. Yes, I think that pizza express is set up as a boat drive-thru! :)