Tuesday, September 25, 2007

flowers, thoughts and summaries.....

Glads in Glory
I took these photos at the Market last Saturday and I wanted to share them with you. Fall flowers always seem more dramatic to me than their summer counterparts.
.Striking, exotic dancers they are
Is it only Tuesday?? It seems like I've crammed two weeks into two days. No wonder I'm tired. All is well though. I'm hanging in there and feeling a little more settled and focused. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with two very good friends who worked closely with me for many years and have now retired. I miss them dearly........their passion for our work always fueled mine. They never hesitated to stick their necks out for someone who needed a boost, who needed an advocate. My admiration for them is endless. They however, had their moments of being the scratchy thorn in the side of the unmoved. When I phoned one of them on Friday with my tales of woe.........feeling beheaded and shamed...........I heard a person on the other end of the line who KNEW exactly how I was feeling. She invited me for lunch along with our mutual friend and co-worker. I am really looking forward to it.
I decided that the best thing to combat negativity is to send out positivity. So, yesterday, I sent a "blanket" email to ALL of my co-workers..........did not exclude anyone and invited them to read my Grace Notes blog. The power of positivity returned positivity to me many times over. It was like receiving bouquets of GLADS......
One man popped his head into my office and told me how glad he is that I'm back.........I didn't even know he noticed me gone. I hardly ever see him. I was so touched. I told him he made my day. He did.
I received emails and drop ins. It was life affirming again. Sending an email with well wishes is something I tend to do. So, it wouldn't have been something out of the ordinary. But it had been a while since I had sent anything globally. And after hearing such nasty stuff last week and wondering where and who and how many felt this about me, it felt a little bit of risk. I didn't like that feeling............to second guess myself when it came to well wishes
I'm glad I took the risk. I learned that the nasty stuff.....the bully labels.........well, they seem to be housed in the minds of a select few. These few may have some power, and it still means that I have to look outward and onward, but it was a soothing feeling to know the virus wasn't as rampant as I was led to believe. I slept soundly last night......and I hope to again tonight.
Perhaps my muses will return after some shut eye..........right now they are taking a back seat to my photos. Enjoy

3 comments:

Karen said...

I admire your bravery and the ability to rise above a negative situation. What we put into the universe does eventually find us or at least that's what I believe. You may have got a brick bouquet this time Dana (with the bullies) but I have feeling there are a lot of wonderful things coming your way.

Matthew said...

I'm so glad that you took the risk and sent the email out. Also good to have friends who can relate and offer that listening ear. As far as the bullies, they are there and yet we must go on. Good for you in taking that step towards healing.

awareness said...

Hey Gypsy......can I count on it? I sure hope so. I am a firm believer that we do have to put the vibes out there....

Matthew....I'm glad I took the risk as well, though i did receive a copy of the policy on when to use work email today!! Subtle hint? Whatever. When I think of the goofy stuff which is sent to me....jokes and chain letters etc, the thought that I sent out a positive feel good kind of missive? I will ignore this bizarre reaction. It did feel like a step in the right direction to take the risk.....and promote goodwill with my colleagues.