Friday, January 19, 2007

along the walking trail


The snow was falling heavily when I ventured out for a walk at lunch time today. But the temperature was just right, and there wasn't a speck of arctic breeze. Seemed like the perfect time to inhale fresh air, to glory in the season, and to find beauty. Sounds were muffled except for the excitable gulls gliding along airstreams. I had the walking trail to myself as I stumbled across these two snips of beauty tucked away under the blanket of hibernating hope.

4 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

Nice shots! I absolutely L-O-V-E the snow! Like I said about Carmi's shots of the ocean waves, I just am awestruck by Mother Nature's grandeur. I can't make that from scratch and I don't know of anyone who can!

'Nuff said!

Mike

Rainbow dreams said...

Love those pictures Dana, we so rarely get snow, and then it never lasts...

love the red and white.

awareness said...

thanks Mike and Katie. We have the snow market abundantly covered today. It's up to my knees. Beautiful and pristine.......ripe for skiing, trekking, tobogganing and snow angel making!!

Sunny said...

I love the snow and the berries, beautiful!!!!!!
I took a few shots of the snow yesterday in my backyard. I want to remember how snow looked just in case a palm tree begins growing half-hazardly in my garden in the next decade.