Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Messy interpretations? Love it.

Are you familiar with comedian Ricky Gervais? He starred in the original "The Office," an even more biting comedy set in the UK than the spin off version on TV now. This is a stand up bit he did on interpreting the Book of Genesis............. I received this from a good practising Anglican guy I know quite well and who happens to be THE funniest man in my life.........my husband. It's a bit long, but worth watching. Unless of course your sense of humour isn't the same as mine.

Robin? Are you out there?? You will love this piece...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I

4 comments:

St. Kevin & the Blackbird said...

Dana thank you thank you thank you for this. Lots of fun: "Right. That's everything. Let's have a look... That's brilliant." I think it's true to say that if God can create a universe, there's no telling what He can do. Resurrection from the dead seems a mere trifle in comparison. I mean, which is harder to believe: That something that never was now is, or that something that once was is again? Pascal has a quote on this; I shall try to dig up to get it right. See you in August!
-R

awareness said...

Glad you enjoyed it.....I loved his "awe" monologue on creating light....

See you soon.....

paris parfait said...

Ricky Gervais is hilarious. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it very much thanks for the link.