Thursday, March 25, 2010

hidden worlds.



"There will be hidden worlds that shine...."
Bruce Springsteen

I walk in solitude, hemmed in by the tempo of synchroncity, a blur of jazz flirting like fingertips on a rosary. I hear the lifting of a veil and a quiet ping of spirits. They settle within the entwined echos of my footsteps lost on an empty street wet with rain. They haunt my drifting reveries with blessed caresses lightly dancing in the air all around this dark night.... spirits sacred in the boughs of sweet pine. They stay close to me on this lonely night of ten Hail Mary's until my own spirit rises up to join in the dance. And when the trumpet hits a single high note, our spirits slip effortlessly into the timbre of a holy space where mystery dwells in the ancient grace of mercy. 

In a world without end, we moved like spirits in the night....together. It made all the difference. 

We're never alone inside the hidden worlds that shine.


ps. this is a piece i wrote last year.  it was inspired by Springsteen's magical lyrics.  I tried to capture the same feeling he so masterfully captures.  I read it now, and it fits me differently.  In a good way. In a good way.....

4 comments:

S. Susan Deborah said...

So many inspirations, so many instances . . .

Different every time we visit again. Books and places do that to me.

All of us are so similar yet different in our own ways.

Blessings and peace always,
Susan

carmilevy said...

I wish I could carve words as finely as you. Calling it poetry doesn't begin to do this justice.

Sending good vibes east from Ontario.

awareness said...

Susan Deborah... its interesting how we can pick something up that we've read in the past and it can have a completely different meaning. I have been struck by that over and over lately while going sorting through old cards and letters as well as my own writing. changed perspectives, changed situations move us into a different realm of looking and feeling. right now, a lot of it feels like a mockery, but in time it won't.

Twain. thank you. the piece formulated in my head over a day and then popped out exactly they way it is written. I remember being very excited about it at the time and felt that it was a pretty special piece of writing. I think I still like it as much.

Carmi.... thank you Carmi. The piece feels like a weaving if you know what I mean. the words in my mind circle and bend and twist around one another. Kind of like how prayer can do that......

Mark said...

You have done a wonderful job with this piece! Very powerful and wise.