Tuesday, February 16, 2010

broken dream bewilderment




From the backside of a broken dream, I wandered into bewilderment and sacrificed sleep. Thought dawning began with this odd blink that left me a little bit confused, a little bit rattled, but with a memory smile.  

I asked myself....... what happened?  How had I fallen asleep and not known this for so long?  what woke me up?  or could it be ......... who stole my sleepy state?  Its an eye twitching, head scratching moment when bewilderment taps my tired temples.  

Should I have known this all along or was I tangled in your blue cuffs, stuck in the confusion of missed echoes resonating in the hollow silence between us? There were clues.  Sometimes I saw but couldn't decipher  the  faraway sketches blurred by time. Tonight, I'm left with those lightening bolt nerve endings which radiate from my heart and right out of my fingertips into the dark abyss.  

Will they reach you? I don't know.  You seem so very stuck too in the land of misguided nods.

As silence surrounds my reflective state, my senses become acute.  The air thins out until I can hear the faint sound of clicking glass beads, the whispering hum of prayer chanting well worn beloved words and you talking in your sleep.  Beautiful, you say......... and then I hear a name. 

Bewildering..........

5 comments:

Marja said...

Applause I felt bewildert reading this beautiful piece.
Ashame that I am not able to visit more. I am working now nearly full time which is a big adjustment for me. The job is fun so that helps but I miss a lot of other things, but that's life. Hope you are doing well Ahoranui marja

awareness said...

Good to see you Marja... thank you for the feedback. I think we all got busy and/or distracted all at the same time. I'm glad you're enjoying your new job. take care.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is rather Heartbreaking...
Beautiful Writing, my dear....

awareness said...

thanks Naomi. I going for the jugular on this one. :)

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

...sounding like a quiet snooker game with balls bouncing off each other then circling round the green baize...