Wednesday, February 27, 2008

weary


feeling like a sloth today
a weary old sloth
no sleep for the weary though
i'm head to toe exhausted and yet can't find sleep
head hurts, knees hurt, eyes sting....
dry hacking cough like there's a feather tickling the back of my throat
constricting and coughing.
constant.

grey and weary
chilled even after a hot bath
not a good time to be listening to the blues.
my eyes want to close, but my cough is persistant
dry

it hurts


can't find any colour...........
well except for my red toenails........under my wool socks
oh and the yellow flowers in a vase by my computer
and my blue mug filled with peppermint tea
what else? colour....... lots of WHITE stuff covering the colour
my daffodil plant is in full bloom
lovely......daffs.....

if i could just find sleep
i looked for it ALL NIGHT LONG
where the hell is it hiding????


weary.......

am thinking of the song from Bull Durham......
Nuke Laloosh singing
she gets wholly........!
it makes me laugh. It was such a funny scene.......

try a little tenderness....... :)

screw the tenderness...........i'm off to find better drugs.

i'm not a good sick person........it makes me wholly..... very very wholly.
Oh! Spring training starts today.....now that's a sign of good things to come.
ps. Please! Whoever is in charge of this snowy weather (like I'm believing the whole global warming warning.........Al Gore, be damned!!) can you please find another place to dump it? I am completely over my tolerance limit.
this too shall all pass..........



3 comments:

Disillusioned said...

Feel better soon, Dana....

Queen Mel said...

Really I am so New Brunswick'd / Canada'd OUT!

The Great White North be damned I'm considering moving south, not extreme south, well Hawaii would be ok except for Hurricanes but regardless, I must get out of this deep freeze before I turn into a popscile.

UGH!!!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

hope you're feeling better soon ... take care,x