Wednesday, January 23, 2008

one day we meet.....imagine


what would it be like if we were to meet?
would there be an awkward moment of transition from virtual to reality?
would the air be gobbled up with an onslaught of sensations and thoughts?
a hushed lack of focus as real flesh fingertips touch for the first time.


pinch me
is this happening?

what would you sound like?
is your voice how I expect it to be?
how do you think I sound?
what would we say first?


hi
hi
can you believe this?
there you are in front of me
here we are........in 3D!
yeah.....amazing......
you look and sound EXACTLY like I imagined!
i love your accent
what accent? you're the one with the accent!
me?

And if we met, I know what we'd do first.
We'd go for a walk
in the woods
down a street
in the neighbourhood
along the river
close to a shoreline
it doesn't matter where........does it?

our ambling, rambling stroll is a moving setting to finding our way
to one another

And while we walked, we'd talk.

Not in cliches or small doses of facts.

Rather, we would JUMP right into the big bold open heart stuff filled with our stories, yearnings, dreams, questions....

Of course we would..........we do virtually.......reality would be no different. but it wouldn't be all serious. levity would be present too as we laugh over funny words and terms common in your own world but not mine.

silly snogging slang that has to be explained.

time would flow fast as we try to slow the pace

clinking pints

skipping stones

stoking a fire

enjoying a meal together

sipping cointreau

and the conversation would ramble on

filling the air with the warmth of friendship.


hi

hi

can you believe it......it's really me. it's really you. hello friend.




i wonder how you imagine it?




14 comments:

BreadBox said...

May you find many, many friends to meet, and may every meeting be like this description!

N.

JP (mom) said...

I love this! I can imagine if we get to meet one day it will be stream of wonderful conversation, easy comfort and knowingness. Maybe one day... xx, JP/deb

awareness said...

N.....I'd love that. who knows? Maybe you'll return to NB for a visit and our walk will include a stroll through the market. I'll introduce you to my friend who makes and sells thai food every Saturday.

Deb....would LOVE to see Seattle and area....have only ever been as close as the San Juan Islands for a Jazz festival years ago. Yes, I think we would end up yapping a whole day and night away!

Karen said...

What a lovely daydream. There are many people I would love to meet including your good self of course. As wonderful as it would be it would also be scary. What if the reality didn't live up to the illusion? Horrible thought.

I also popped over to tell you I have a little something for you over at my blog.

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

congratulations!

Mark said...

I love the image that you painted with your words. I imagine it would be very much as you described. I believe time would seem to stop while we had our reality visit.

Disillusioned said...

I imagine us meeting up somewhere by the sea, on a blustery day. We'd take a walk along the front, then retreat for hot drinks and a long long talk. There'd be things we'd find that we shared - and things which were very different. We'd share "Did you ever..." and "Don't you love it when..." and the day would fade into evening in front of a wood fire.
Well, that's how I imagine it, anyway.

awareness said...

Hey Gypsy.....I think it would be a bit scary too.....hoping it would live up to my expectations. Illusions? I hadn't thought about it that way. I'm pretty sure it would be as I envision for the most part.
Now, Uncork the wine.....I'll be down under in a jiffy....to check out things at your site

Paul.....back at you my friend.

awareness said...

Mark...thank you....i have a feeling we would have much to talk about. hopefully time would slow down so we could cover a lot of ground.

Caroline....that sounds lovely! YOu have described my perfect day....you truly have. Now, we just have to figure out exactly what shoreline we meet at.

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

the congratulations are for the award bestowed on you by gypsy!

awareness said...

ah...gulp......thank you paul.

Sara said...

Hello, Michele sent me...and that's the way it would be! Pure! Joyous! Simple! As if we had known each other forever! I would love to amble down that path that you show in your photo!

sipping cointreau - wow! I haven't heard mention of that liquor in a thousand years!!! My is it popular again???

Marja said...

That would be exciting wouldn't it. Sounds good a walk and a talk and a cointreau( In Holland we used to sip that with our coffee after dinner when we had friends to eat).
My brother was in NZ last year and met a friend from the internet here in NZ. He was nervous about it but they had a great time and we all went out for dinner together. See what the internet can do.

awareness said...

Hi Sara....it is an enticing path isn't it? I took the photo last summer at a children's camp where my kids attended. The path leads to a cabin in the woods.
Cointreau? Still delicious and still enjoyed.....

Marja...That's a great story. I have read of other bloggers meeting and enjoying the experience.
Since I started blogging, I have always wondered what it would be like if a whole bunch from all over the world met in one place for a weekend.
A weekend in NYC anyone??