Friday, October 17, 2008

blurred reflections....



You haven't looked at me that way in years
You dreamed me up and left me here
How long was I dreaming for
What was it you wanted me for
You haven't looked at me that way in years
Your watch has stopped and the pond is clear
Someone turn the lights back on
I'll love you til all time is gone
You haven't looked at me that way in years
But I'm still here.
Tom Waits


4 am feeds on a loneliness wrought with serpentine emotions which tend to hide away during daylight. Night watches time differently as it moves in a dream state. It filters our reflections and fears through glass altering truth. We may have moments of clarity in the deep forest of the dark night, but for the most part the monsters of internal doubt blur our sleep deprived imaginations. Lost love wraps itself in the misery of wet tears and the curling smoke from the end of your last cigarette.
Another offering of the photographic theme.....blur. For more, check out Carmi's blog....just click on the link from my sidebar.

5 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

2, 3 or 4am...night does watch time differently and fears loom larger than life somehow...
hang onto the moments of clarity Dana, take care, Katie, x

awareness said...

the moments of clarity unfortunately seem to be happening while standing out on the front lawn at 4 am in my pyjamas watching a puppy relieve herself. :)

what the hell was i thinking????

i'm very very tired.....life does feel blurry right now with the 4 am puppy wake ups. it's a good theme this week.

Rainbow dreams said...

can't get much clearer I guess...than the cold night air when you wnt to sleep! I have been known to observe that puppies are worse than having children!!

I'm sure it all made logical sense when you said yes!! :)
this stage too will pass...x

carmilevy said...

I'm going to re-read this the next time I find myself awake at 4 a.m., unable to fall back asleep.

I've often tried to shoot through glasses. Never managed to snag a result quite as memorable as this. Nice!

awareness said...

katie........and it continues! I'm bone tired from the trips outdoors and it ain't getting any warmer. I look forward to Jamie getting home from his trip. Then, I pass the baton.

carmi....it is a haunting time when we straddle truth and dreams. I think that's what makes it so frightening at times.
I have a few wine glass shots that I've accumulated....and am thinking of different projects I can use them for.....the creative grape juices are flowing. I'll keep you posted on my endeavours.