Friday, February 23, 2007

For Niki.............




For my friend who thrives the most skipping along the waters
Free to inhale the sea breezes
Dreaming Deeply
Feeling invincible
Sailing........into the mystic

For my friend who lives way across the pond


We may have different lives
We may be different ages
We may have different dreams.
But, we both look up at the same sky
and share the moon.

We share the moon and it gives us a connection
It gives us hope. Always hope.

I think we both have a little bit of a gypsy soul

Niki, when I read your post the other day about sailing, this is the song I automatically thought of to accompany the picture of you hiking and moving fast with the wind.

4 comments:

paris parfait said...

A lovely post and wonderful tribute to your adventurous friend!

Nikita said...

*wipes away tears* oh Dana!
So, so beautiful. Thank you. Gosh I'm all choked up at work. Thank you. Much, much love. XXX

awareness said...

Hi Tara..........Niki is in new territory......but she is full of spirit and hope.....and support while she learns which way the wind blows, right Niki?

Niki........gotcha! When I found the video and saw the person up on the hill.......I thought, that's Niki! She's going to climb her hills and look out at the sea in wonder. take care.....

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a lovely post.

Your friend Niki is lucky to have you in her life.

You write so beautifully.