Wednesday, June 25, 2008

snippet


The van is pulling into the parking lot of the old general store, passing a telephone pole plastered in flyers. One in particular...........with colourful lettering catches the eye......



Husband: WOW.....there's tandem paragliding advertised. I'd love to do that.


Me: Paragliding naked?

Husband: No......laughing.........two people together.

Me: Oh!

Son: You're thinking of the word commando Mom.


Me: Now that's more like it. I'd love to do that.


Son: Going up there naked?

Me: Why yes...........in tandem of course.
Son: I don't think that's a picture you want in my head, Mom! It's disgusting.



Thank God for car trips, and 10 year olds with big vocabularies and a sense of humour. Given that his goal is to be a stand up comedian, these three ingredients will go a long way to fill his repetoire. So does time spent in quiet contemplation skipping stones with the family dog.

1 comment:

kenju said...

When we were at the beach, one morning I had on my cotton nightgown (not see thru) and it is a little above my knees. Someone knocked on the door and I had to bend over to move a few bags before I could open it. I accidentally mooned my 14 yr. old grandson, and even though I had underpants on - he says he is ruined for life. LOL