Tuesday, May 13, 2008

roots and wings


Greetings from the boarding area at Fredericton Airport........oooowweee............i'm surrounded by lots of lovely accents waiting to head back to the old country!

I'm feeling quite relaxed..........amazing what a little ativan can do! It has been the most surreal, emotional, taxing four days. Jamie is healing very well and will most likely be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. I know this for a fact because I just had a nice chat with our doctor who is also taking off for a week in London! Love this town! You always know someone boarding the plane with you. So, she told me that the plan is still for Jamie to head home.

In the meantime, our friends have rallied like a well oiled troop! I have been overwhelmed with their acts of love and concern. Tonight, my son is staying with good friends who have a son his age. My daughter is staying with good friends who have a daughter she is very close with. They are safe and happy and open to their momma carrying on with her trip. Tomorrow when Jamie leaves the hospital...........another dear friend is moving right into the house to make things run smoothly. During the day when she's at work, he will have company..........a good good friend who is also like family. He's arranged to be able to work from our home. So, as long as my husband needs it..................he will have the attention and support.
Roots and wings....................our roots are solidly embedded in a wonderful caring community named Frederiction...........it's where we belong and where we take care of one another. And the wings? Well, today, it is my turn to try out some new wings.............next time it will be another member of our extended family of friends and the "roots" will give them the impetus to take flight. It's what you do.................

The nurturing we have worked on over the years................sharing important events, being there when the kids are sick, attending funerals of loved ones, cooking meals when a new baby has arrived to be loved by us all.............attending weddings, showers, thanksgivings, easter, Christmas dinners....................parties, road hockey and always, always potlucks............these events developed the roots.......................

So, I'm off.............and feeling loved and supported knowing Jamie is loved and supported, knowing my kids are loved and supported.

Boarding awaits...................my wings are ready for take off.

thank you, thank you everyone.............xo

will see you soon.

8 comments:

Marja said...

Had to go a post back to see what happened. I am happy your husband is doing all right. Must have been quite a shock.
How nice to live in such a caring community. Sounds like were I used to live in Holland. In NZ people are staying more by themselves.
Have a great trip. I always love to go overseas, the travelling the excitement. Are you visiting a friend?

Bar L. said...

I sense your excitement and am anxiously awaiting for lots of details of your trip!

Kate's Typewriter said...

have a marvelous time and do share! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So happy to read you are on your way! I hope this trip will be everything you want it to be and that the time away gives you that extra push where your writing is concerned! Have FUN in London, my dear!

Shaz said...

Oh sweetness I am just elated for you.I am so happy for you I could bust. I have to say i am a little envious but overjoyed at this opportunity. Lots of Love and Happy travels Honey

Rainbow dreams said...

In credible how people rally round and suport each other when they most need - glad you have such good friends. I hope you had a good flight - will see you soon... :)

lovely looking strawberries in your photo...summer is almost here..

Under there... said...

Grace and peace for the journey. May it be a renewing pilgrimage. Have a great time!

Karen said...

I'm so happy to hear that all will be well on the homefront so you can just go and enjoy all that awaits you without worry.

Travel safely Dana.