Wednesday, May 14, 2008

travelling.......



Through fear of knowing who we really are and what we want, we sidestep our own destiny which leaves us hungry in a famine of our own making.
John O'Donahue.



There is much to sustain us if we receive life as an ongoing feast of becoming. Who I want to become is the mystery meant to be lived, not a problem needing a fast food fix. I have many fuzzy pictures in my sights about my own career livelihood and as much i would LOVE to have someone sit me down and say...........i have it all arranged, you don't have to think about it again. Whatever you want is set up to happen, because that would ease the mind a bit, I don't really want that. I have always loved a good mystery, and for some reason have always been drawn to a good British mystery. What role I play, who I will become, and when...............well they are all up for ruminative discussion.



I have many dreams.......................some I will put in my cupped hands and blow them away and see where they land. Some I will plant as best I can in the warm soil I will try to fill with nutrients, and some I plan to act on this week.



My plan to is get lost for a bit......................I'll be in touch, but I'm shutting down my cerebral thinking and clearing the cobwebs........................it is where I believe I will find some of the feast ingredients. Famine for me is not an option. My belonging in this world is found in my longing to live the mystery and to share those ordinary moments with extraordinary love.



I have landed in London, and I'm sitting at a desk with a little sign staring at me. It reads: "You are beautiful........."



lovely...................


It's not the particular choices we make that matter.....................a career path is only as good as how much it can lead us back to who we are.........and how much it can enhance the journey. It is truly the travelling which makes all the difference. And if it includes a dinner at a nice curry restaurant in the heart of London town, well, then this journey is a feast.


9 comments:

kenju said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!

Shaz said...

i have been thinking about you and hping for happy safe travels xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

It is the mystery... lived out every day...that keeps the suspense and the wonder alive...

am pleased you are feasting in London - look forward to travelling this part of the journey with you and seeing where it leads us.. can't wait! x

Marja said...

A nice meal in London? Sounds good to me. Enjoy your time

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You are beautiful...

Have a joyful time.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You are beautiful...

Have a joyful time.

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

Stay safe!!!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

It was wonderful to meet with you, and with Pip and Joan.... so fast... can't believe it's come and gone... thank you, you ARE beautiful... :)

Karen said...

What an EXCITING time you have ahead of you....soak up and enjoy every single moment.