Saturday, May 13, 2006

Her Little Shadows............

Her Little Shadows
by Barbara Burrow

I saw a young mother
With eyes full of laughter
And two little shadows
Came following after.

Wherever she moved,
They were always right there
Holding on to her skirts,
Hanging on to her chair.
Before her, behind her --
An adhesive pair.

"Don't you ever get weary
As, day after day,
Your two little tag-alongs
Get in your way?"

She smiled as she shook
Her pretty young head,
And I'll always remember
The words that she said:

"It's good to have shadows
That run when you run,
That laugh when you're happy
And hum when you hum --
For you only have shadows
When your life's filled with sun."


I found this poem and it made me smile. My two little shadows are going up so quickly....They are now at an age where they arent always adhesively stuck to me anymore, though still very much like to snuggle in to watch a TV show, or sneak into my bed in the middle of the night for some reassurance.

My two growing shadows do take their cues from me....................at times it has felt daunting to be watched so much......................but most times, it feels naturally right..........


My two little shadows do fill my life with sun................ Not a day goes by when I don't thank God for being blessed with my daughter and my son.

Happy Mother's Day.



No comments: