Wednesday, August 05, 2009

our own skin


So much of what we learn is through imitation.
So much of what we want is to be just like another.
So much of what we yearn for is to be accepted.
So much of what we do is to feel we're understood.
So much of what we need is to know we belong.
So much of our actions are to show someone we exist.
So
much of what we share of ourselves is to try to give love.
So much of what we cry out for is a chance to be loved.

Let much of what we do and learn be with gusto.
Let much of what we do and learn lead us to a sense of belonging and affirmation.
Let much of what we do and learn allow us to offer this feeling to others.
Let much of what we do and learn lead us to that place where we find comfort in our own skin.



3 comments:

Kay said...

yes, let it! How tenderly sweet this piece is.

Anonymous said...

Dana:

Love it

Mavis

awareness said...

Kay...thank you. The scene that unfolded as I watched these little ones melted my heart.

Mavis...I used to watch the kids do the "officer for the day" program from my office window. I was downtown the other day watching Max in the Junior Calithumpian play and watch completely pulled into watching these little ones too........and it made me think of how much we learn through imitation.

ps. I have some photos of the tents....just have to find time to write the piece. x