Monday, December 08, 2008

curry anyone?

Today, I was invited by my Harbour friend, Paul to take part in a meme......to find the 4th photo in my 4th file......to post it and write the story to accompany. WELL! Serendipity was laughing out loud and with glee when I discovered it was THIS lovely shot of a bunch of beautiful people enjoying fellowship and good food in a restaurant located on Brick Lane.






Last May, I flew to London for a week of adventure and fun and was welcomed with unconditional love and belonging by my beautiful Pipfriend in the orange ballcap and his wonderful life partner, Joan. I had arrived that afternoon, all worn and tossled from a very traumatic 4 days, right into the arms of Pip and Joan. We had never met in person before!! And there they were at Gatwick smiling and welcoming me to the old country. :) Not only that, they took me, a strange Canuck home with them!!
I didn't even know if I was going to be able to make the trip. The decision, with the help and support of my family and friends on this side of the pond, was made with only a couple of hours to spare. It was an emotional whoosh like I've never experienced. Pip and Joan took me and my stress in stride ....... fed me, poured wine for me....... and on the very first night, arranged for me to meet these wonderful people at Brick Lane. Everyone made me feel completely at ease and one of the gang.
The only person missing from this evening was my Harbour friend who couldn't make it to London that week ......... Paul, if it wasn't for meeting you through the serendipity of our blogs, I would never have found myself sitting in a restaurant on Brick Lane last May......meeting some of your dearest friends. Next time you'll be there, right? :)
Now, hows that for a strange twilighty zone coincidence??
Who knows......maybe one day soon, I'll get to attend another curry fellowship again.

11 comments:

much2ponder said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am encouraged by the warm welcome you received. People are wonderful aren't they?

Bar L. said...

How fun that the pic that popped up was so relevant. I hope you can go back there some day!

Anonymous said...

i will be with them all this weekend for 2 of the gang are getting married in good old wandsworth town - i will pass on your love

Anonymous said...

Serendipity indeed. Ah the magic of blogland ;)

Marja said...

What a great time you must have had How amazing to just step into a different country and life and be completely part of it

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great! I LOVE things like this....! And this MEME sounds like a fun one to do, too....I may try it....And if I do, I will let you know.
I remember when you took that trip Dana....What a High and Special time that was, my dear...!

Rainbow dreams said...

Good memories of that trip Dana, wonderful connections :)
It was lovely to meet you too and spend time together.

swilek said...

wonderful serendipidous story!

awareness said...

m2p...it was unbelievable. i felt blessed by the whole week of experiences and connections.

layla....i will most definately visit again. it seemed like the beginning....

paul...thank you. enjoy your weekend. I wish i could be there with you all.

Gypsy...yes indeed magic. ;)

Marja...it felt completely and utterly right.

Naomi....I wrote and posted this very quickly last night because I had to get ready for the rest of my work week. I had intended to pass on the meme and never got back to adding that...YOU were the first person I was thinking of. I can't WAIT to see which picture you post, and of course the story behind it. You are such a wonderful storyteller.

katie....we had good fun didn't we? :)

Karyne...Serendipity is all around us isn't it? I love it when it happens. It always puts a spring in my step.

Anonymous said...

dana
will do my best to be there... sadly don't think curry is on the agenda this time - jazz bar wedding instead - just can't decide what to wear!!

awareness said...

jazz bar? arrrgh! that sounds lovely. wear your soft shoes with your top hat and tails of course.