Sunday, July 25, 2010

letting the clouds float by....



We could talk for hours, you and I
painting life-picture stories.
I'd enjoy that. Would you?

We could talk forever,
adding bits upon bits of information
shedding a few skin layers
catching glimpses of commonalities
asking questions
piecing people puzzles together...
Your people puzzle
My jigsaw of a life....
Unfinished edges remain.
Unfound pieces left under the carpet
as we talk in circles
around and around and around......

for hours we could take turns treading water....
spilling our thoughts out in rambling words
listening to the uplift and downshifts of our vocal tones
watching expression ooze out of our pores
rippling spills of thought bubbles
floating in the air of new knowing....
Truth is within reach if we let our guards go home.

We share what we have gleaned of ourselves.
We share from our own viewpoint.
The more we gab and jab,
the more we grab hold of our common clay
our blended shades of light.
Formulating unique people prints.....
like finger prints but bigger.
shaplier
"wholier"
illumineer..... ing stories masking the whispers caught in the back of our throats....

What do you really want to say?
Tell me how you feel about it....

Out it pours.....
stretching back into the vaults of nostalgia
leaning forward into the foggy dreams of what may be
surrounding unfolding immediacy.
encompassing facts, ideas, thoughts,
feelings....
only the comfortable ones confessed.....always remaining entwined in intellectual fabric
where trust knocks but isn't welcomed yet.

What about the discomfortable ones?
Why are they shamed into repression?

We can talk forever, filling each other with so much of ourselves and still not really know one another.
We could live side by side for years and still never break through to meaning.
We have the capacity to fill the airwaves right up to the invisibly tough boundary lines like the TV midnight weather lady who forecasts facts backed up by science....

high pressure, low pressure.....
stormfront lines on the horizon,
do we choose to remain in the safety net?
acceptable
expectable
predictable
controlled by intellectual calculations.

until....
until.....

something mysterious and holy happens....
paint splashes onto our life-story canvas
a new puzzle piece is revealed....
WE both grab for it because it is the same.
THEN! The weather predictions don't follow the weather lady's script!

The change in air pressure bursts the glistening thought bubbles floating in the air, and out spills common feelings
raining down on me and you....
revealing honesty from each tender drop.

In a split moment, our guards run for cover and we are left reflecting upon one another as Truth holds up the mirror.
"Not bad!
Not bad".....we cry as we see the imperfections displayed as beauty marks, sending shivering affirmation and acceptance. "What were we so darn afraid of??"

Knowing transforms into understanding.
Understanding blends into a feeling of communion.
Now, let's restart from here......
We can talk for hours from here......

Can I call you Beautiful?? Because you are...... 

Loved as you are always....   

8 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

that is beautiful ♥

Anonymous said...

"We can talk forever, filling each other with so much of ourselves and still not really know one another."

this one touches the heart, how often we walk through life with this truth...

beautiful!

Hamid said...

When I first visited U.S. I attended Bishop O'Dowd high as a senior; a very tough school. So, I upon reconmendations I changed to a public school. My roommate had a Greek friend whom he met in the adult school. One day we met our schoolmates who were driving by and my friend's friend sort of yelled, "I love you" to Mary in the other car. Later, we went to the movie Greece with Mary and her friends. I thought that as I was accoustomed to only one person was supposed to pay for everyone else and then they'd pay her back. But she simply said that everyone is going to pay for their own ticket. She was very kind and I rarely saw her again as I passed by their place on San Lorenzo or San Leandro street.

To make a long story short, I love you. And I don't say that just because the outpour of your emotions have stunned me. I just love you. And I am not so sure who you are. Call me crazy if you like.

Mark said...

Wonderful writing. I have been there many times.

awareness said...

Twain...thank you. :) I wrote it a while ago and reread it from a different place in my life. Now, I am in a place where I am yearning for this again. It's a good goal to have. :)

becca... It is the line that jumped out at me this when I revisited it. It rang more truer than I care to face.

Hamid. Well, you're a dear one! Thank you. I don't know you either. :) Thank you for sharing your story and your feelings.

Mark....me too. I think when it happens it is truly magical. Like finding a diamond in a box of cracker jacks. :)

Anonymous said...

Who's on second? No, why is.

awareness said...

oh, I thought what was on second....

JP/deb said...

what a lovely journey in this piece :)