Wednesday, March 28, 2007

During my travels yesterday, I met up with a few friends.
They were travelling together with about 6 others and stopped to find some sustenance. I too needed some, as I had just spent a couple of hours with a person who lives waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere all by himself and was very needy and forlorn. He shared his story and showed me his wounds. I was left driving back to the office feeling drained and sad.....until I came upon these beautiful creatures. They raised my spirits.


I tiptoed, tiptoed out of my car to take some shots..........and these beautiful creatures posed JUST FOR ME!! Then, as quickly as the moment was captured, they turned and high-tailed it out of there. Literally. I was left feeling blessed..........and with the insight that I had just figured out what "high tailed" means. I got back in the car, turned on some uplifting music and carried on with my day.



5 comments:

Shaz said...

I love that you take the time to capture and appreciate. xx

Hayden said...

gorgeous. thanks for sharing the pics.

when they walk there is a certain awkwardness that reminds me of thinking. The head bobs forward, then the body follows along.

awareness said...

Hi Shaz......a woman in my office had been up in that area the day before and told me she that when had seen a few deer along the way, she wished she had taken along her camera. So, I told her I would take mine and be on the lookout!! It worked.

Hayden....you're so right! I actually thought about trying to find the words to explain their lope...it is awkward and hoppy like.....their white tails stick right up straight too.

St. Kevin & the Blackbird said...

Dana: loving the camera work. Used to see those creatures regularly (and the odd buck) when we were out in Charters Settlement. Sigh. (Actually, I can't sigh; I have pneumonia.)
-R

awareness said...

You have pneumonia?? And you're probably pushing yourself to finish out the year?? Look after yourself, Robin.

BTW....Jamie drove us home from Ont. with a temp. of 103. He fell into bed for three days and is still not over the cold he got with it. Maybe you have the same bug.

Apart from that......we are all suffering from Leafs fever, which will only break when and if they make it into the playoffs. Max thinks it's going to come down to the last game of the season, against the Habs. He's been known to be right on these things....

Oh, and if you're going to bet on the Final 4? Go with Ohio State, according to Max. That's his pick. :)