Saturday, August 12, 2006

On the road again....................






















We're all packed up and ready to pull out of the driveway, and head out along the Trans Canada pointing west. Yes we're "Goin' Down the Road" to share our vacation with family and friends. Lots to see and do. Some plans, but hopefully just a whole lot of family "downtime."

In the journal Henri Nouwen wrote about his contemplative time living in Trossly France in the L'Arche community, he writes about learning and living a life where one differentiates between completing the important tasks rather than the urgent ones. Our lives are jam packed full of urgent tasks.........daily unending, unabiding, soul sucking............... our lives need to be more enhanced by focusing on the important things........... we all know what these are.

I'm hoping to have more time for the important things in my life.............. they go along with a glass of wine so much more divinely.

6 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

Ok, here's something weird.

I just finish fixing my Harley about an hour ago, took it for a very short test ride and cleaned up before getting onto the iBook. I stop over at KTDid's blog and read about one of her rants, throw in my two cents and begin to think how nice it will be to go for a ride tomorrow.

When I get mobile again after being broken down (this time it was my bike and not my sole source of transportation - I have grown up a wee bit), I always sing to myself the same tune: "On the Road Again..." Willie Nelson, I do believe. The weird part, Just as the tune pops into my head this time, Your page is rolling out on my screen. It's title...

Weird, Uh?

Rainbow dreams said...

Have a great trip, and time to let those important things take their rightful place again - enjoy

Ellen said...

WooHoo.... vacation time! Since you are deserving of the time away, I hope you have a great one!

TMelendez said...

Well.. U do have a great time!!

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

having been huming bloody willie nelson all bloody weekend!!

awareness said...

Hey Mike..... Synchronicities are a wink from the cosmos

Thanks for the comments everyone. It sure is nice to begin the process of "decompressing." I didn't realize just how tired I was from balancing the everyday routine of work, family, home,leisure, etc. A break is a good thing......